Thread: new Mustang
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 03:09 PM   #36
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
My old SVO would say otherwise, both when the suspension was in stock or modified form
actually no it couldnt versus the same year.. could be the nut behind the wheel or the lower versus higher model.. but a mustang suspension just isnt as good as a camaros from 82+...

It cant keep versus the top of the line camaros of the time. The mustang suspension is inherintly flawed. (mostly in the rear due to what is commonly refered to as qudra bind). the camaros was superior in every way in terms of suspension design (the benefit of using a pan hard rod system, which is so much better that alot of mustang guys switch over to the system). Even the guys road racing mustangs will tell you that. Theres a reason the 80s camaros where car and drivers car of the year and the late 80s irocs pulled .92 g on the skid pad. In the 90s there is simply no contest... mcpherson strut cant compete with sla in modified form and the rear was still qudra binding like crazy in the mustang

until the year 2017, the Camaro can not be made anywhere else but at the place where the last gen models were built
actually its 2007 not 2017. Information direct from the mouth of the brand manager of camaro when I talked to him a year ago.
Have you ever driven an SVO? I did, for 13 years and I can tell you that even though what you may have seen from design blueprints of both cars suspension, the SVO was an overlooked, underestimated vehicle. And I don't drive on a skidpad. :roll: I'm not knocking the F- body.
until the year 2017, the Camaro can not be made anywhere else but at the place where the last gen models were built
actually its 2007 not 2017. Information direct from the mouth of the brand manager of camaro when I talked to him a year ago.[/quote]

Officially, GM wanted to tear down the plant because of their belief the property was more valuable as a vacant lot than a 2.1 million square-foot plant, much too large for just about any use other than a high-production vehicle factory. Keep in mind, however, that the plant also had a mandate that it would be the sole source for Camaros and Firebirds. It now begins to come into focus that any comment on a future Camaro or Firebird prior to the plant's disposal, via sale or demolition, perhaps could very well create a situation where GM would be compelled to keep the plant. From a legal perspective, it might be construed that any future car that carried the name Camaro or Firebird would have to be made at this plant, at least till 2017, the year all Canadian government loans are to be repaid.
http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0409phr_camaro/
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote