Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #1
fultron
Regular User

Default C&D GTO VS MUSTANG (partial scans)

in the january car and driver, they do a comparison of the 05 mustang GT and Pontiac GTO. Even though the GTO out performs the Mustang in just about every field they choose the $5000 cheaper Mustang. The mustang has smaller engine displacement, 100 less horsepower, Slower acceleration. The mustang even has a stiff rear axle to the GTO's independent link suspension. The GTO doesnt look that bad either, i just find it hard to believe that they would choose the mustang over the GTO. I have no problem with the mustang, dont get me wrong, but i think i would still pick the gto over the mustang GT. Here are some partial scans. If you would like me to post the whole article in the Magizine Scans section, just let me know.

fultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
BADMIHAI
Regular User

The new mustang doesn't look bad at all. But it's still a Mustang (POS). I'd take the GTO over it any day, thank you. 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
gottacatchup
Regular User

I dunno they did this test with the last generation mustang cobra and it walked all over the GTO, hopefully its been hardened enough to make the jump from GT to sportscar
Old 12-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #4
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
The new mustang doesn't look bad at all. But it's still a Mustang (POS). I'd take the GTO over it any day, thank you. 8)
ahahaha yea youd take the GTO, which is overweight, and not even close to what a GTO should be. They should of just named this car something else. It has the agressiveness of a seal.

Ill take the Mustang GT anyday over this "GTO"

Also have you been in the new stang? Its a huge improvement.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:41 AM   #5
PeleProdigyGTO
Regular User

Regardless of what it's called... the GTO is still a great car. Good power, nice clean looks, good ride, great interior...

I don't hate the new Mustang, but I LOVE the goat, so I think this article is a load of crap. Ford just paid C&D more than pontiac
PeleProdigyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:52 AM   #6
fultron
Regular User

Originally Posted by PeleProdigyGTO
Regardless of what it's called... the GTO is still a great car. Good power, nice clean looks, good ride, great interior...

I don't hate the new Mustang, but I LOVE the goat, so I think this article is a load of crap. Ford just paid C&D more than pontiac
Damn them in ther buying out ways!
fultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:01 AM   #7
SilviaEvo
Regular User

the Pontiac is gay you know why? because it is a Pontiac. i would rather take a Vauxhall Monaro or a Holden Monaro or HSV?
Old 12-10-2004, 04:38 AM   #8
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
the Pontiac is gay you know why? because it is a Pontiac. i would rather take a Vauxhall Monaro or a Holden Monaro or HSV?
isnt that the same damn car?

Also id take a Last gen WS6, or Firehawk over this Goat anyday. 8)
Old 12-10-2004, 12:02 PM   #9
bmwmpower
Regular User

thanks, nice pics, i would prefer mustang
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #10
Akmon
Regular User

i dunoo which is better,but the mustang rules
Akmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:20 PM   #11
gobs3z
Regular User

The mustangs rear end looks like crap, but the rest of it is nice and classic. The "GTO" is in the same class as the new "Charger", Good car wrong name. The GTO is a good car, i dunno why you guys don't like it so much. It's an actual GT car, it's meant for grand touring with power. If you add a stiffer suspension then it aint going to be grand anymore. And both these cars are meant for drag racing if not just cruising around. They both turn for shit, so leave that out of the picture. Just look at 1/4 mile times and how comfortable they are. Buy an M3, 350z, rx-8 if you want a GT that turns. GTO looks badass by the way.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:26 PM   #12
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
The mustangs rear end looks like crap, but the rest of it is nice and classic. The "GTO" is in the same class as the new "Charger", Good car wrong name. The GTO is a good car, i dunno why you guys don't like it so much. It's an actual GT car, it's meant for grand touring with power. If you add a stiffer suspension then it aint going to be grand anymore. And both these cars are meant for drag racing if not just cruising around. They both turn for shit, so leave that out of the picture. Just look at 1/4 mile times and how comfortable they are. Buy an M3, 350z, rx-8 if you want a GT that turns. GTO looks badass by the way.
The GTO is not a Grand Tourer, sorry its a Muscle Car. Its what is father was, and its what it should be. It needs more muscle looks, ram air hood scoops dont cut it. Also has anyone else seen a new stang gt get up and go. It reminds me of the old fast backs.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:20 PM   #13
gobs3z
Regular User

The GTO is not a Grand Tourer, sorry its a Muscle Car. Its what is father was, and its what it should be. It needs more muscle looks, ram air hood scoops dont cut it. Also has anyone else seen a new stang gt get up and go. It reminds me of the old fast backs.
Think about that for second. I agree it is a muscle, but why is the mustang called a GT? Is it a muscle car or a GT? Wait a second, it's a muscle car thats aparently a GT too. WOW thats amazing. And if you look at the original muscle car description it has to have at least a 427, which is a 7.0L. But in this day in age it's hard to find, other than the new ZO6 or the Viper, but those are consider sports cars that can turn and not just go in a straight line. The last maro and formulas i consider to be modern muscle cars since they had the nice soft susension for drag racing. These cars are trying to mix turning with a huge engine in it. Not exactly great for turning but not exactly great for drag racing. GT's buddy. I also can't seem to remember that the original GTO wasn't designed in the America, oh wait it was. And the new GTO/Manaro wasn't.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #14
DeMoN
Regular User

can you please scan the ten best section!!????
Old 12-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #15
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Think about that for second. I agree it is a muscle, but why is the mustang called a GT? Is it a muscle car or a GT? Wait a second, it's a muscle car thats aparently a GT too. WOW thats amazing. And if you look at the original muscle car description it has to have at least a 427, which is a 7.0L. But in this day in age it's hard to find, other than the new ZO6 or the Viper, but those are consider sports cars that can turn and not just go in a straight line. The last maro and formulas i consider to be modern muscle cars since they had the nice soft susension for drag racing. These cars are trying to mix turning with a huge engine in it. Not exactly great for turning but not exactly great for drag racing. GT's buddy. I also can't seem to remember that the original GTO wasn't designed in the America, oh wait it was. And the new GTO/Manaro wasn't.
i guess, but i just dont see them as GTs. GTs are CLKs, 6 Series, Aston, Jaguar XK. Not a Mustang or a GTO. You cant really Grand Tour much in a stang or a GTO, you can cruise but not tour.