Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
lappies
Regular User

Default Rubens 2nd Pitstop -- Spain

I don't really know what to think! I'm a huge ferrari fan, but something wasn't right about Rubens' 2nd pitstop! Ferrari only makes mistakes like that, if Rubens is close to Schumi, and it always happens to Rubens, and not to Schumi!!

If Rubens had a proper pitstop, it would have been a very close race between him and schumi!! Something tells me it was done on purpose by the ferrari crew, cause it is a very amateurish mistake to make for the best f1 team in the world!!

Being another record breaking weekend for Schumi, i think ferrari decided if it comes down to it, Rubens would be held back in the pits if he gets too close to Schumi!
lappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

^^^^^Don't know about that, seems a bit exagerated. He failed to launch the car properly IMO

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
lappies
Regular User

Wasn't the launch, they didn't have the tires ready, and their excuse was they got mixed up between his tyres, and Schumi's tyres! That was the problem! Rubens probably failed to launch the car properly out of frustration!
lappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Nahh there was a mixup in the pits. Not on purpose, he would not have won anyway.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:54 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

On Speed TV, the commentators were speculating that perhaps Rubens may have aksed for a last minute tire pressure change that left the Ferrari team scrambling. But who knows? Rubens nor Ferrari have not issued any comments in this regard

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
szumszer
Regular User

looked fishy, but who knows, he would not have won anyway, but I don't think that we can say with 100% certainty that it was not done because of team orders, at least at this point (no official statement from ferrari and lets face it schumi is ferrari number one son and will always be the number one driver, which is something rubens is not only aware of, but probably has learned to accept, after all he does get to drive for number one team in F1, has access to unlimited resources, including the best car, if you think about it, it is not a bad trade-off); we shall see what excuse ferrari comes up with
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
biff19_a
Regular User

yes well we all know the shumy is the boss.. so they will work for rubens but when its shumy everything is perfect
biff19_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #8
kteo2003
Regular User

how much will it take for you guys to understand that as long as there will be schumi at ferrari barichello doesn't have a chanse....he will be the number 2 driver....the pit stop was the only thing strange?what about the 2pit stop strategy?only rubens and the saubers had the same strategy......come on....
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #9
sameerrao
Regular User

how much will it take for you guys to understand that as long as there will be schumi at ferrari barichello doesn't have a chanse....he will be the number 2 driver....the pit stop was the only thing strange?what about the 2pit stop strategy?only rubens and the saubers had the same strategy......come on....
No denying that Rubens is No 2 in the team - but he is deservedly so. Michael is better - that's obvious.

At Spain itself, of the four practice sessions before qualifying Michael was faster than Rubens in three sessions with a gap of 0.2 to 0.5 secs. So even on similar fuel loads he would have most probably started just behind Michael any way.

Now whether Rubens asked for the 2 stop strategy or was asked to do so by the team is grounds for speculation. It seems a dubious strategy considering that this strategy prevented him from overtaking in Imola.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:20 AM   #10
kteo2003
Regular User

thet thing is that he shouldn't be the number2...because that can tell that sometimes the team doesn't help him or uses him only for michael(that is what happens)...that means that he will never do a better time than michael he will never win a gp...is that right?
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:55 PM   #11
Tyrek
Regular User

Rubens is the king of unlucky, but it seems to me that degree of bad luck doesnt just happen by coincedence:

No1, why is Rubens content to play second fiddle to Shuey, when he could be no1 in another team......

No2 why would Ferrari put up with Rubens constant bad luck when they could put any hack in that car and still run it to second place (and we all know there is plenty of young talent out there ready to fill Shueys boots when he retires).

I love a good conspiracy theory.....
Tyrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:25 PM   #12
Max Power

Conspirer theorists united......what will u think of next...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:18 AM   #13
Balls
Regular User

Originally Posted by Tyrek
Rubens is the king of unlucky
eh... i think sato probably takes the crown for poor luck.
Balls is offline   Reply With Quote