Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default The Button saga continues...

the CRB has postponed it's decision...

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=63951

Personally, i think BAR should let him go to Williams. If they make him stay i don't think he'll do as well for them.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
levensnevel
Regular User

Anyway whatever comes from it BAR has prepared a special evolution of their 2004 contender for Jenson to use during the last 3 GP's.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=22378
Suppose they frequent our website regularly

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:32 PM   #3
mindgam3
Regular User

i think jensen will still go to williams. He's made his feelings clear that he wants to be there, and even though he'll still perform for BAR if he stays with them and for the rest of the season, if his hearts not where it wants to be, at the end of the day its gonna hurt BAR and jensen.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by levensnevel
Anyway whatever comes from it BAR has prepared a special evolution of their 2004 contender for Jenson to use during the last 3 GP's.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=22378
Suppose they frequent our website regularly

Old 09-22-2004, 10:22 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
i think jensen will still go to williams. He's made his feelings clear that he wants to be there, and even though he'll still perform for BAR if he stays with them and for the rest of the season, if his hearts not where it wants to be, at the end of the day its gonna hurt BAR and jensen.
The other day I watched a phone interview on Speed - Windtunnel show where the host Dave Despain spoke with Alan Henry who gave his opinion that the decision of the CRB would likely be in favour of BAR but Williams will still get him in the end - they will have to payoff BAR for his services...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:27 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i was actually trying to call in and ask about that a couple weeks ago (ok, it was during the packers/panthers game at a sports bar). i couldn't get through though.

I think Williams will get him in the end for sure. Button may go the way of Trulli if he gets under BAR's skin enough If he stays at BAR for '05, be sure that Williams will extend the '06 contract.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:17 AM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

hey, remember John Elway did the same thing to the Colts when he went to the NFL. There's always more to a story than what gets reported. Same for the Button-BAR-Williams battle. Keep in mind that Button says BAR didn't exercise their options in time and that left the door open for him to sign with Williams. We don't know what escape clauses, if any, were in Button's contract to BAR. For all we know it's BAR that isn't living up to their end of the deal.
IMO this really sounds like a trade blocking tactic that MLB uses to stop trades that would be dangerous to another teams dominance *cough*YANKEES*cough*. For those who dont know, in Baseball, if there is a player trade about to take place say between Seattle and Boston, and the Yankees don't like what it could mean for them in terms of the pennant race, the Yankees can say that they are claiming one of the players involved in the trade for whatever reason. That baisically stops that player from being able to be traded. (keep in mind that 90% of the time, a player has no idea they are being traded until after the deal is made and they arrive at the stadium the next day)
So it's really hard to say if Button is the one bailing or BAR is trying to save face in the light of their mistake.