Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 AM   #1
mk2 fan
Regular User

Default WRC Ireland

With the FIA wanting to "group" together 2 or so wrc events from 2007 to make traveling easier instead of japan to wales in a week. Ireland are putting in a wrc bid for there own tarmac rally, personally i think a wrc in ireland would be godly as the roads there are amazing and i am sure you would see alot of the top drivers getting into a mess somewhere on there. However this isnt certain yet as they are still trying to persuade the FIA that Ireland wold be a kick ass place to hose a wrc event, hell is they did get it, the german wrc would look easy
Old 10-23-2005, 07:13 AM   #2
mk2 fan
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
I'd rather have an event back in Africa, without it it's not a World Rally Championship. Before they do that, I don't care what rallies they try or want to bring in.
Yes the safari wrc is one i would love to see back in the calendar, but the irish would make such a good event.

i mean look at the roads...

and the night stages are like ('')

and even people who have raced there for years get it wrong

Old 10-23-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
leo_26782
Regular User

I agree 100% with insane. The pics shown here are not that impressive compared to the Monte-Carlo for instance. But the Safari was something on it own, a mix between WRC and rally-raid. That is something you can't find anymore
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
mk2 fan
Regular User

The pics really dont do the place justice, its amazing