Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-19-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
oscargarza88
Regular User

Default i cant install Half-Life 2!! help

:x
i just got it, mayb a early santa...
and everything is going ok untill i reach the part that says i need Direcx9 and it says i have it, so everything id ok, and when i press next nothing happens! the button clicks u can see it working but nothing happens!
i will call them but if u guys can help me before i call them it would b geat!
thanks
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:55 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

a thing i noticed is that, i dont have enough space in C to install it, but i do in the other partition, but ic ant change the path!
its written but i cant write, mayb thats it...
i need like 2 gigs more on the C drive to install it, and thre is nothing i could erase easy to make space...
Old 12-20-2004, 02:20 AM   #3
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok update.
i installed it but now i cant play it right.
after loong loading and updating iplayed like for 5-10 mins and the blue screen came up and the computer restarted...
help anyuone...?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:49 PM   #4
callen
Regular User

sorry oscar, ive got no idea.... u need to have acertain amt of free space for ur computer to run well and effcient, try getting rid of(aka burn cds) extra stuff u dont use super often. that might be it.... or performance issues with ur computer? sorry i dunnno what u have so im not trying to burn ya.... watch u have like a 4.0 Gig masterpeice heheheh
Old 01-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
oscargarza88
Regular User

wthanks
well callen i have free space on one partition of my HD but in the one the HL is installed i have very little, this is because i coudnt choose where to install it so it chose that one...
and well ill try to erase stuff or burn, mostly vids, and performance i dont know i have a 2 year old sony vaio with P4 2.66 512 Ram and 60 gigs of HD...
i dont know the exact model.
thanks
any suggestions at all, or anything, (besides the freeying space)