Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-19-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
jon_s
Regular User

Default My Fiesta

Ok, rules are rules; so TT put this in unvarified for now. I will get a proper custom at the weekend.

This is the little car that tried its best to catch the Gumballers in the Vid I posted

I have just sourced a new engine for her; a 2.0 Duratec from a rear ended '05 Mondeo. With some trick bits from Cosworth, she will be pushing a comfortable 230bhp. Unforunately I need to increase the wheel size to fit the new brakes.

The engine is not going in just yet though....plenty of work to be done!

jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
topgeartom
Regular User

that thing will be bloody insane - I like it!

The understeer will be horrific surely? Bloody good fun though!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:09 PM   #3
TransAm
Regular User

Thats a lot of HP for a small car... Will be watching this space for sure! I say you take it to Spain and put it against the Clio... 8)

A long time ago they had a nova with a calibra turbo motor on Top Gear, that thing shifted...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
gis
Regular User

jon as you know im in love with this project already,knowing first hand how light these cars of ours are so with that engine it really is gonna be stupidly fast.to give you an idea Clayton (you know who that is jon) said his 0-60 was in the high 6's....that was with 161hp and a 1.7 puma engine.lol so yours is goin to be quite fun

who knows,if this project turns out as good as we expect....my 1.6 may be comin out in the future and bein replaced by sumthin else

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #5
Daggernite
Regular User

Nice plans! a Fiesta with 230bhp will surely be insane. No one would exspect a fiesta to have all the horsies, but thats what would make it so great
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Plenty of custom shots provided!

I really like this shade of green BTW!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
No.1
Regular User

Sounds wicked to me jon. 8)

I hope the build goes well, and 230 from a 2.0 is pushin it a bit.

I'm guessing the car will be a daily driver, so do you commute with it? If you do, maintenance will be quite high
Old 05-20-2005, 12:30 PM   #8
jon_s
Regular User

Right; I can see further explanations of the proposed engine are needed!! I should have expected nothing less from the JW crew!

Ok; for some backgound into the engine I have, see this link:
http://www.sbdev.co.uk/History_files...atecTuning.htm

I am officially aiming for 200-210bhp. With the Duratec this is easily obtainable without replacing pistons e.t.c This is the stage my car will stay for a while. It will be 100% reliable and fairly good on the maintanance side of things.

I need to have engine mounts made up as the engine (unlike the puma 1.7) does not drop straight in. I also need to address cooling issues with a much larger rad.

The car will be stopped with a set of either: Brembos if I am feeling flush (a lot of custom work to the hub and mounts needs doing; as well as changing the off set of the wheels) or 300mm Brakes off a Focus ST. (a much cheaper option!!)

The car will remain a daily driver until I save up for a Audi A3 1.8T. I was looking at the S3, but well, both car cost too much. I could have got an S3 and sold the fezza; but I love mucking about with engines!!

Anyway; dinner is ready....
Old 05-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
jon_s
Regular User

[quote="jon_s"]Right; I can see further explanations of the proposed engine are needed!! I should have expected nothing less from the JW crew!

I am officially aiming for 200-210bhp. With the Duratec this is easily obtainable without replacing pistons e.t.c This is the stage my car will stay for a while. It will be 100% reliable and fairly good on the maintanance side of things.

I need to have engine mounts made up as the engine (unlike the puma 1.7) does not drop straight in. I also need to address cooling issues with a much larger rad.

The car will be stopped with a set of either: Brembos if I am feeling flush (a lot of custom work to the hub and mounts needs doing; as well as changing the off set of the wheels) or 300mm Brakes off a Focus ST. (a much cheaper option!!)

The car will remain a daily driver until I save up for a Audi A3 1.8T. I was looking at the S3, but well, both car cost too much. I could have got an S3 and sold the fezza; but I love mucking about with engines!!

Anyway; once I have a second car I will turn this little fezza into a track car. At which point I may consider new pistons e.t.c.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #10
Mopsdrops
Regular User

very nice car you have, looks beautiful, and must be fast as hell. Good luck with the rest of tuning your going to do.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:25 PM   #11
ARMAN
Regular User

Wow, 230 is lots of pony's for mini hatch :shock: Nice color and wheels Jon_s Me like

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #12
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Right; I can see further explanations of the proposed engine are needed!! I should have expected nothing less from the JW crew!

Anyway; dinner is ready....
Nice plans.... i think not buying an S3 was the right idea The Fiesta will be much more fun, and even though the 1.8T A3 doesn't have the S3's Q-car status, it should be a better steer with a little less weight over the front wheels.... and the 1.8 is easilly chipped etc...

Can't wait to see pics of the build mate
Old 05-20-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
Yablokov
Regular User

lol, thats more hp then the audi a4 i want ><

Cars I have beaten in real races:
Honda Accord LX 1992
lil' bros Go-Kart
Yablokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:10 AM   #14
numerouno
Regular User

AWESOME plans m8! :shock:
btw what are your plans for the suspension and steering?
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:30 AM   #15
bmwmpower
Regular User

nice and powerfull, fiesta have always good handling, its ford , now have power
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote