Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
LEXION
Regular User

Default Shocking accident video

A bank robbery suspect led police on a high speed chase in the East Valley Wednesday, then crossed into oncoming traffic, and slammed into a car, killing both himself and the driver of that second vehicle.
We has confirmed that the chase suspect had been wanted by the FBI for three previous bank robberies in the East Valley.

Tempe police say his latest robbery occurred at a Bank of America at Warner and McClintock in Tempe. It happened at 1:50 p.m.

The suspect was armed with a gun, and apparently threatened customers.

He then fled in a dark-colored Nissan Altima, and led police on a chase, at times swerving in and out of traffic.

At one point, the suspect got onto the Loop 101. He then exited at McKellips Road, drove a mile east, and crossed into on coming traffic where the crash happened.

The wreck occurred exactly 34 minutes after the robbery.

Video of the scene on the Salt River-Pima Indian Community showed a gruesome wreck, and smoke rising from at least one of the cars.

Police have not released the name of the suspect or victim, but We has learned the victim in the Toyota Supra is a man in his 20s.

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

What disturbs me is nobody was checking on the state of the man in the white car in that video.

This is one of the problems I have with televising police chases... full media coverage. The suspect knew he was being followed, and in such a case, its not a closed situation. The chase should not be such a huge publicized event; and IMHO, it is likely the media's fault.

RIP to the driver of the white car.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #3
fabro_s
Regular User

Cant believe he just did that, sick fuckin guy, he just could kill himself with the gun, or jump off a bridge, I dont know, theres endless possibilities, but no, he chose the worst fuckin option, killing a poor guy ridin his supra like everyday... RIP supra guy

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
What disturbs me is nobody was checking on the state of the man in the white car in that video.
Exactly.

I would just let the suspect car burn with the guy inside of it as he deserves it.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
philip
Regular User

Poor Supra guy, RIP, his brakes were locked, didn't realize other guy wanted to die.

My daddy always told me to do anything to avoid a head on.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post
Poor Supra guy, RIP, his brakes were locked, didn't realize other guy wanted to die.

My daddy always told me to do anything to avoid a head on.
This is correct - turn towards the oncoming projectile, you close the angle of attack and increase your chance of overshooting the oncoming projectile.

What we see there is typical behaviour these days, once a suspect is stopped their rights begin to rathet up higher than any victims they collected on the way.

I am wondering exactly how the "bank robbery suspect" was worth killing an innocent just so "he wouldn't get away".

The worst part is, the ENTIRE LOSS from the bank is covered by insurance.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
CMonakar
Regular User

That is terrible. What a waste of life by a waste of life.
CMonakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
LEXION
Regular User

The name of the Supra driver was Alex....and this was his Myspace page... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=14975683 -- RIP ---

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #9
F3ckB9LL
Regular User

Life is superficial :/ RIP
Old 12-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
martin100
Regular User

This is sick! Why does he have to kill this innocent other driver?
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
pilotvtm
Regular User

OMG!!!
Idiot at the weel(black car)!!!
I doesnt matter how good you drive in this situation(driver of the white car)....
pilotvtm is offline   Reply With Quote