Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands
Default Interview: The Vanquish and its story

Recently, this interview was released on Autoweek.nl. This interview is about a Vanquish V12 owner. The interview was in dutch, and since Babel Fish is crap, I had to translate it by hand .

"Die another day", the ultimate BOND car: the Vanquish. With its rocketlaunchers on the bonnet it'll terrify friend and foe. But which reactions does this car generate in daily use?

"Well, mostly admiration and thumbs up with the majority of the people" says Marc van der Poel, owner of this Aston Martin Vanquish V12. "Specificly the sound when starting and accelerating doesn't only give the driver a great feeling, but also the people. And tell me: how many times does that happen to you in one day?"

With 470 Bhp and an acceleration in 4,5 seconds from 0-100 km/h, this car has obviously been given very much power and that makes it very competitive for any "competition" in this market. Also its price (when new) is impressive: it starts at €336.000. But what makes this car truely unique is its performance: both physically and acoustic there's no other car that impresses as much as this car does.

"I usually drive it in the region of Gelderland (eastern part of Holland, Stoopie) on one of the many lovely curly B-roads" says Marc. "Even though, it remains a fact that some people can appreciate a car like this and others look at it with envy, so you have to know when and where you can drive such a car. This is one of the reasons I've put this car on sale on Speurders.nl (Dutch sale site, like eBay, Stoopie).

The purchase and costs for daily use of this car aren't comparable with those of a Opel/Vauxhall Astra, ofcourse. But what is comparable is that a used car is financially a lot more feasable than a comparable new one. "Take my Aston Martin Vanquish with 49.000 trustworthy kilometers on the speedometer for example, purchased in 2004 and with a price, all the options included, of more than €360.000. You could now buy this car for €235.000. Ofcourse, that's still a lot of money, but for the true carlover, this is an extremely good price to own a car like this himself." Marc takes another walk around his car and puts his hands on the roof. "I hope that this car will find another good owner that can enjoy it as much as I do. I'm selling this car via Speurders.nl because I'd really like to know who is buying the car. That is the fun part of it: I probably get to meet the buyers, which are just as crazy as I am.....!"
Pictures of this Vanquish:

And ofcourse, the advertisement at the Dutch sale site:
http://www.speurders.nl/autos/astonm...g06100.37.3106

You probably all know that Dutch taxes on cars are really high. I looked the taxes on this car up: € 91.613
So you buy this car, and have to buy the gouvernment a new BMW 7-series..
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote