Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-26-2006, 06:34 AM   #1
komotar
Regular User

Default Metal geat solid 3

hey I really wasn't aware of this game and I only have a few games for my PS2, and the other day I was in the store and saw metal gear solid 3 on the shelf...it looks like a nice game and I was thinking of buying it...

now for the questions...

how many of you have played this game?
is it any good or worth buying?
is MGS3 the current version or is there the MGS4 out there, that I don't know about....
I've heard about the portable ops...here on the forum...should I get that, does it have online gameplay? well, that doesn't matter to me, because I can't play it online anyway

I'll also do a quick search around the net, but I'm also asking here to get some first hand oppinions..

thx 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
OK listen to me and listen to me well

BUY IT!!!

MGS3: Snake Eater goes back in time (thats all I can say or else I'll spoil it)

I bought MGS3: Subsistence which is MGS3:Snake Eater but with more options and I recommend you get that one. That game also has online play but I don't have the internet connection for my PS2 but I hear good things. Its definatly worth buying and playing, great storyline and it will open your eyes to find out alot of things you didn't know before about the MGS series.

MGS4:Guns of the patriots is whats coming out on the PS3, that game is also a must get for later

MGSortable Ops is a continuation on MGS3:Snake Eater, it explains more alot more and leads you to see why Big Boss (Naked Snake) creates Outer Heaven.

Hope that helps
ok, so far so good.

I think you almost won me over...

How's the actual gameplay, the rooms, the characters, the diversity of the levels and so on? Good scenery? How's the AI?

thx 8)

Old 12-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
bmagni
Regular User

all that phatbimmer says, I have the regular version and I recommend for you to buy MGS1 n 2. The best one is the first.
Gameplay is pretty cool, pretty fun, the game is not about killing though, its about stealth and survival.
The level diversity is great too, even if its one huge level, theres from wildforest to desert to snow, meaning great scenery.
As for the AI you definetly don't want to ring the alarm

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
MGSortable Ops
please tell me everything about it... I don't have a PSP
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:59 AM   #4
komotar
Regular User

thx for the info guys, I think I might be playing it by tonight... 8)

Old 12-27-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
ae86_16v
Regular User

To get the complete story, I recommend you getting MGS1 for the PS1. Then play MGS2 for PS2 before you play MGS3.

MGS3 over all is definitely my favorite out of all three.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote