Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-20-2004, 05:58 AM   #1
mindgam3
Regular User

Default THE DJ THREAD (everyone enter for some mixes ;))

Any Dj's out there?? Jus thought i'd start a thread to discuss Djing and maybe everyone, if there if anyone else that DJ's on JW could post a few of their mixes?? I havent been Djing long, only a few months.

I've just done a quick hip hop mix to start the mix rolling, most of the mixes are a bit dodgy (and the last record was a complete mistake), but hip hop isnt my main weapon of choice, drum n bass is I'll try get a few d n b mixes done later on.

Click here - its 20 mins n as i said not that good but i'll get some better d n b mixes done soon

Download it even if your not a DJ or don't like hip hop, tell me what u think

Its not batty ganster hip hop btw....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 AM   #2
mindgam3
Regular User

nice one Dont't particuarly listen to that kinda stuff but im always looking to get into new kinds of music, plus its DJing so it interests me
Old 07-20-2004, 02:48 PM   #3
DTM8
Regular User

Not bad mindgam3, its good.

I just have to say that you should try to somehow syncronize the intro's of the songs better. Also, somewhere between 12:00 - 16:00 are extremely unstable parts which you should look into changing.

Song choices are good, I am really not into Hip-Hop, but its still good.

As for myself, I am sampling music but could rarely get my hands on a roland MC-909, which I want to buy. Unfortunately, I dont have the funds for it .
DTM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:36 PM   #4
DjPtsatsot
Regular User

Me and a friend Dj as a hobby, altough he is getting very serious about the matter. We do house/trance and progressive, enjoy. I'll post up a mix once i find a link to it, sorry cant find ti at the moment.
DjPtsatsot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
DjPtsatsot
Regular User

Wow after hearing your mix MindGam3, i love it! Extremely chill! Keep us posted w/ more i would love to hear more!
DjPtsatsot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:56 AM   #6
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by DTM8
Not bad mindgam3, its good.

I just have to say that you should try to somehow syncronize the intro's of the songs better. Also, somewhere between 12:00 - 16:00 are extremely unstable parts which you should look into changing.
Yeah, as i say i'm not really too good at mixing hip hop, i find it hard to pick the points to mix in whilst with d n b you can just slap the x fader across hehe, plus i've only been mixing a few months.

What kinda equipment's everyone got??

I'm currently running Vestax PDX 2000's with a Ecler hak 310 mixer
Old 07-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #7
Tsjilp
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
probably tomorrow i'll post a +160min set from a buddy of mine from last night @ 'the gentse feesten'
I'm very interested in that ....
Tsjilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:03 AM   #8
X-ale
Regular User

/\/\ hehe... lovely avatar. I mix electro, jungle, french house (depending on the club), goa and full-on (@ raves).
Old 07-21-2004, 12:42 PM   #9
oscargarza88
Regular User

hey mindgam im not reall into that hip hop but the drums and base sound good...
and talkin about this kind of music why dont u guys post a list of good dj's so i can , dwl them caue 4 know i only have alice djwhich i like and not many other, and i was lookin gor more of this kind...
thanks i i want to hear mora music from u guys
0X
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:04 PM   #10
mindgam3
Regular User

Well what kinda music you into? I can recommend some good drum n bass Dj's but other than that im not really sure. Not really into my house n dance etc though I do like some stuff. Funky house i quite like if anyone wants to put up their own house mix that would be great
Old 07-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #11
mindgam3
Regular User

Fucking about scratching (5meg)

Was fucking about scratching, thought i'd upload it. I only been mixing recently so my scratching has gone a bit downhill. I'll post some better stuff later. Enjoy
Old 07-27-2004, 02:06 PM   #12
SandyDingos
Regular User

Nice mix, I would really like to hear some of the drum n bass mixes you have made.

and talkin about this kind of music why dont u guys post a list of good dj's so i can , dwl them caue 4 know i only have alice djwhich i like and not many other, and i was lookin gor more of this kind...
oscargarza88: Some good DJs in the eletronica genre are DJ Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, BT, DJ Doboy and Paul Van Dyk. Hopefully that helps you out a little bit.