Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-14-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
danroz
Regular User

Default What if Shumie???

What if Shumie was on another team? I was discussing this with my brother and considering what has happened so far this year, if Shumie was on BAR, would BAR be first? Or is Ferrari good enough right now that Barri could carry them and finally win some races without his teammate in front

And if Shumie went to another team for lets see 3-4 years would he pull another Ferrari Pheonix?
danroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:09 PM   #2
fakepower
Regular User

its really hard to say because a great driver is one force and a great car is another, with michael you have a combination of those two forces. Ferrari just has a masterful car, when was the last time a ferrari blew an engine? seriously? you remember? i dont . but hes a great driver not to be underestimated , so would he put another team like BAR on top .... not likely.... but would he be up there in the runnings, damn sure he would be!
fakepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #3
danroz
Regular User

Thats y I thought Barri with his Ferrari would get some wins cus the car is absolutely awesome and Barri looks good but the man deserves some wins...stop makin him a bitch
Old 04-15-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

first off, it's Schumi ....and second.....I don't think a driver will be able to make up 0.5 secs per lap, so my best bet would be he might win in a Williams but not in a BAR
5vz-fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:41 AM   #5
GreenHex
Regular User

A long time ago, just before Schumacher joined Ferrari, Ferrari was not considered a top team - those were the days when the Williams & Jordans ruled...
GreenHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:49 AM   #6
levensnevel
Regular User

I'm sure that Schoey is a great driver but he's just the figurehead of a unique team. A once in a lifetime combination and it is the synergy between all the Scuderia Ferrari teammembers which has resulted in the sheer dominance of Ferrari in the contempary world of Formula 1.
If Michael jumps ship today and joins, let's say, the BAR Honda team or even Williams, McLaren, Renault or Toyota he would certainly outpace his new teammate but outpacing his former teammate Rubinho and add a 7th world championship to his tally would be a mission impossible for this season and the 2005 season aswell.
Suppose it takes any team loads of cash and at least 12 months of intensive testing from now to equal the current speed and reliabillity of the Scuderia Ferrari.

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:18 PM   #7
stephen_schwitters
Regular User

While i feel that Shumi is a huge part of ferraris success, they also have a huge budget. Also there is the fact that when Micheal left benetton for ferrari, both Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne (the two men who built the Benetton championship winning cars) left benetton for ferrari!
stephen_schwitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

The car and Schumi are made for each other.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #9
danroz
Regular User

Also there is the fact that when Micheal left benetton for ferrari, both Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne (the two men who built the Benetton championship winning cars) left benetton for ferrari!
Never knew that
Old 04-16-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

I'm sure that Schoey is a great driver but he's just the figurehead of a unique team. A once in a lifetime combination and it is the synergy between all the Scuderia Ferrari teammembers which has resulted in the sheer dominance of Ferrari in the contempary world of Formula 1.
If Michael jumps ship today and joins, let's say, the BAR Honda team or even Williams, McLaren, Renault or Toyota he would certainly outpace his new teammate but outpacing his former teammate Rubinho and add a 7th world championship to his tally would be a mission impossible for this season and the 2005 season aswell.
Suppose it takes any team loads of cash and at least 12 months of intensive testing from now to equal the current speed and reliabillity of the Scuderia Ferrari.
Excellent point made ..
Remember it took Schumacher 4 years to build a championship winning team at Ferrari. Taking a Williams to the top may not take so much time but it is certainly not going to happen overnight. For sure any team he would go to would benefit from his presence in the following areas:
- Raw speed and consistency - may be worth 0.5 s/lap on avg
- Car development skills and set up proficiency
- His enormous Racing experience
- His visibility that would attract more sponsorship that would better fund the team.
- Work ethic and 110% commitment to the task on hand

But for Michael this is a case of "Been there, done that, wrote the book on it"
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:44 AM   #11
kteo2003
Regular User

i don't think schumi would ever made that change.....the change that valentino rossi decided to make..i would be so curious to see schumi in a jaguar with teammate weber or in mclaren with teammate from next jear juan pablo or even raikonen....scumi is the best because all his attention is turned into him..even the whole scuderia ferrari gives more advantage in scumi not in barrichello...definetely if schumi went in jaguar alone without his meccaniccs i don't think he could do much....i am not discussing for winning the championship..
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:05 PM   #12
sameerrao
Regular User

i don't think schumi would ever made that change.....the change that valentino rossi decided to make..
Rossi is the man! He quits a championship winning team just to prove a point. He is the only guy to win back-to-back races for different teams

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:47 PM   #13
5vz-fe
Regular User

Don't forget to add this with Ross Brawn.......he's NOTHING without it.....

Old 04-27-2004, 10:34 PM   #14
SPAD
Regular User

I LOVE FERRARI! but i think over time he could have done this with any team.