Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-17-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
gis
Regular User

Default Sunday May 16th - trip to the beach

ok so its a sunday morning in england,i get woken up at 9am by my friend tellin me to be at his house at 2pm for a ride to southport to the beach for a bbq.ok cool but 9am ON A SUNDAY MORNING when i only went to sleep at 4am that same sunday morning,lol here he is the fucker with his g/f

ok so we get there and i get out my car and look up to see sumthin very rare here.......ITS CLEAR AND BLUE lol

for sum weird reason out of the 3 cars that we went in mine became the table using my parcel shelf of the car.fair enough....

....so off i go for a pee why we are waiting for the bbq to get goin.i return to now find that the bastards put all the dam meat on my hood to defrost it,apparently my hood was the hottest after the 25 mile drive we had gettin there,how that happened im not sure :roll: ........strange,hehehe

i turn around and walk a couple feet from the car to take a pic of the table and defrost machine saxo to find now that it has become a seating area by my cousin at the back lol

when the meat got taken off my hood i thought id take a quick pic of it with no meat on it b4 they decided to use my car as a beach buggy or sumthin

front shot of my car aswell

some artistic shot i thought id attempt lol

from my car to my cousins new car the new Ford Sport KA,the KA's evil twin

he then decided to do a beach burnout as i called it lol so i quickly whacked my camera into sport mode to shoot the big beach burnout he did.this pic turned out better than i thought it would,i think it looks awesome

the result,not that long in lengh,it starts a couple feet back from were i am standing but at the end were the car stopped and just spun the wheels it dug itself 2 deep holes,couple inches at least lol

now,on to a couple scenery pics.i dont know if anyone not from the UK here on JW will know this place or not.but that in the distance across the sea is a place called blackpool,in the pic shows the blackpool tower and the rollercoaster ride called the pepsi max big one,one of the tallest coasters int he UK i thnk.....hard to beleive that is about 60+ miles away from were i stood and took that pic. :shock:

an oil rig miles and miles out into the sea,took this pic at about 4pm

same place and same oil rig but i took the pic just b4 we left at around 9pm.

anyway those are a few pics from my sunday afternoon/evening.hope u like them along with all the sort of what turned out to seem like a story writing,lol

not that i think anyone would but if anyone would liek a higher res version of any of those pics please dont hesitate to ask

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

So cool! I want a BBQ day too now

As already said backchannel, I love the sky pic not to talk about your defrost-Saxo
Old 05-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #3
gis
Regular User

lol its a multi-tool saxo,like a swiss army knife,lol

the sky was amazing,couldnt beleive it,just so clear and no cloud in sight

Old 05-17-2004, 09:01 AM   #4
No.1
Regular User

... Southport.

I used to get dragged ther by my parents whenever it was above 5 degrees C and we had a free day

It looks quite clean in the pics, but i still wouldnt go there 8)
Old 05-17-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
stracing
Regular User

something wrong with the beach...its empty!!!
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:38 AM   #6
gis
Regular User

thenumber1 - southport is a completely different place now from what it was like 5 years ago.everythin is new and everything is clean.pretty nice

stracing - thats the front part of the beach,cant go on that part with the cars,plus the pics showing the front of the beach were taken after everyone left later on in the day at like 7-8pm and even 9pm like i wrote,between 2 and 7 it was jam packed with people.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:43 AM   #7
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

nice set of pics there

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:41 AM   #8
stracing
Regular User

thats the only thing i don't like is it takes ages till sunset, some euro countries even only have few hours of night time like brembo was telling me. by 6pm its pitch black over here
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:48 AM   #9
gis
Regular User

well when the clocks go forward here in a couple weeks on a day liek that it will be about 10:30 - 11 ish b4 that sun sets and then its back up about 4-5am last night it went dark about 9:45pm

glad it was hot day or that meat would never have defrosted,lol

Old 05-17-2004, 10:50 AM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

yes, winter hit the norther hemisphere a few months back 8)
great pictures gis! thanks for sharing.... i particularlly like the sun setting on the oil rig
Old 05-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #11
fedezyl
Regular User

Very nice pic set!! That last one from the oil rig is really nice as well as the one from the sand burn out...
It's amazing how blue the sky was, it sure looked like an amazing day!
I miss going to the beach now that it's almost winter and it's cold....
by the way who cooked??

fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #12
gis
Regular User

lol,well the cooking was about 75% of it was my friends g/f,the female in the first pic.then i did a bit but that was only cause i wanted a spare rib and no one else did so just said fuck it and made them.then one of my cousins did the rest.
i actually got a shouting at coz the big pack of sirloin steaks......well to put it correctly 4 steaks and me thinkin it was just 2 big ones,so i go to open it and drain the blood and stuff out in a little hole in the sand,then out falls 2 of the steaks and then comes 4 punches to me lol

Old 05-17-2004, 11:32 AM   #13
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Great pics dude! And great day there... I thought in the UK it's always raining , at least when I went there it was always cloudy. The last pic is very beautiful... and this beach is nice too... I hate the beach in general, may be because here they are always full of people, and there is no space avaiable if you try to go there before 10h00. Apart, I also hate the sand, the sea water... but there are some beaches that I like, and this one is one of them.
thanks dani

its good to hear nice comments about the beaches here,especially southport,they definately have done a great job of clearing that place up,it was once a place were people just didnt care about the state of it,then it just got a full makeover,millions spent,new sea walls,new attractions and places to go eat next to the beach,the small theme park got a makeover with new rides and attractions,new gym on the sea front,new 12 screen cinema things for little kids aswell.its definately a nice place to visit and what makes it more fun is the drive to get there.25 miles there and obviously 25 miles back.of course u can do the motorway but to have fun in the cars we got the twisty roads are much more fun,with twists everywere then 8 miles of straight duel carriageway then back to twistys again

Old 05-17-2004, 01:36 PM   #14
BADMIHAI
Regular User

It looked like a pretty good day. Blackpool is the home of TVR, right?
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:27 PM   #15
TT
Regular User

Blackpool is the home of TVR, right?
Well yes... if there is just one "Blackpool" in UK, that's the place