Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 05-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
Refefer
Regular User

Default Motor Trend - 2007 Shelby GT500

Not sure what the yellow on the 2nd page is supposed to be... my magazine copy is clean. Anyways, bout time we have a "real" cobra... Can't wait till 2006!

Old 05-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
gobs3z
Regular User

I'm at odds with myself, i love shelby but i don't like ford. But i have to admit this is gorgeous and the engine has sooo much potential, thanks for the scans Refefer!!

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
T-Bird
Regular User

nice that "detuned" Ford GT motor (I know it has a different block) is gonna get alot of people in trouble. Hopefully I can get into a Ford Dealer in time to get that car at cost. (already applied at 3 shops monday) trust me I will still live at home at 22 if it means I will own that car. I love the 04 Cobras but this is a step beyond.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

nice scan, i have been wanting to see that article but never had a chance too look at it. no doubt this thing is going to be fast as hell but i am a little worried about a few things with this car.

first the weight issue, the mustang in GT form is a relatively hefty car 3500+ lbs i think (someone correct me if im wrong) and now with the 5.4 iron block and blower and all its only going to add more weight, to the nose of the car no less.

also hopefully the rear tires will grow in size, 255s are not enough i dont think, i mean the previous gen cobra had 275s and it would light them up without too much problem so more power and a smaller tire.....hopefully the production version will have larger rear meats.

finally i am kinda dissapointed that the cobra lost its IRS. there was a lot of talk about it and i thought SVT had promised to deliver the new cobra with a properly built IRS. especially since this new mustang chassis was built with the IRS in mind. the 1999-2004 cobras IRS was a step in the right direction i think to help the mustang be more of an all around car, even though it was a compromised set up from what i have read (as the old fox platform was never meant to support an IRS).
Old 05-04-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

ufffffff that car looks sweet !!! i should stop visiting JW.... always watching cars i wont ever have !!!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #6
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

well enough negatives about this car though from me as its not even released yet. i will reserve final judgement until i see some road tests, one thing is for sure it is going to be fast as hell right out of the box. and i cant wait to see what will happen with a few bolt ons, just like the supercharged cobras in 03-04.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
Gilles27
Regular User

I dislike in general American cars, but I always found nice the classic Stangs and love that awesome recreation.