Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
stradale
Regular User

Default Going to the Bodensee *back home!*

After more than two years of non-stop working (except for a week at christmas each year), I really need a vacation. Next week I'm going for a holiday to the Bodensee in southern Germany with my girlfriend. I'm really looking forward to that!

The plan is to visit Ulm, Lindau, Konstanz, Friedrichshafen, the Rheinfall at Schaffhausen and Autosalon Singen (although I haven't discussed the last one with my girlfriend just yet... ). Tips on what to see or do in the region are always welcome though!

As for the rest of the time, I want to do absolutely nothing but eat, drink, sleep, swim and lie about in the sun reading books that aren't work related.

The downside of it all is that I'll probably have no internet access during my vacation. Ah well, for my peace and quiet it's possibly for the best not having to read the constant bitchfights on JW...
Old 07-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
jadeddjay
Regular User

i had a good time at lindau. i was told that meersburg is fun too. you can take a boat ride to the other side and its supposed to be really pretty. i think from there you can go to mainau which is the island with alot of flowers or something.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
stradale
Regular User

Yeah, I read that there's a ferry from Meersburg to Kanstanz, so we can have a look around in Meersburg on route to Konstanz. I'll look into the island you mentioned. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

Awsome Have a good time and relax this surely should rechage your body batteries

Cant wait to make a vacation too anywere anytime, now at least I look at pics of you all traveing, well better than nothing

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
stradale
Regular User

I'm back! It's been a very nice vacation. The first days were perfect to unwind from the busy work life. The weather was warm and sunny, so I basically lay around in the sun and went for a swim now and then. BTW, the water of the Bodensee is very clean and clear.

We also visited a lot of towns in the area, such as Wasserburg, Lindau, Bregenz, Ulm, Meersburg, St. Gallen, Ravensburg, especially when the weather turned for the worse in the second part of our vacation. My girlfriend is very much into history, so I've seen more churches and castles from the inside in a week than in the decade before. From Meersburg we took the ferry to the island Mainau, which belonged to Count Bernadotte. The island is basically a large park with a huge number of plant species. Plus, we went to Autosalon Singen and Gohm.

All in all a great time! Here are a couple of pictures to give you an impression.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
ARMAN
Regular User

Welcome back Stradale Whats on that table? Horses leg?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #7
stmoritzer
Regular User

Good to hear you had a nice vacation
btw, this is a Fxx, isn't it
where is it placed ? Gohm or Autosalon ??

some nice landscape pics, well done

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #8
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I see they've put the M1 Procar where it should be... in the inside of the Auto Salon Singen. When the JW crew visited the showroom... it was at the outside with the other rubbish cars like the GT2 (a couple of them) the GT3 and a Vanquish!! :shock:
LOL, I already expected to see some exotic cars parked outside because I saw the JW Run 2007 pics. The Porsches were still outside, as well as the Bentleys, a Rolls and a Z8. The weather was a bit rainy that day, but that didn't seem to bother anyone...

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Whats on that table? Horses leg?
I'm no animal expert, so I can't tell you what species donated a leg to create this medieval drinking cup...

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
Good to hear you had a nice vacation
btw, this is a Fxx, isn't it
where is it placed ? Gohm or Autosalon ??

some nice landscape pics, well done
Thanks a lot! I'm quite happy with the way the landscape pics turned out, since my Ixus 50 is just a point-and-shoot camera.

The Ferrari is an FXX indeed. It was in the showroom at Gohm. Here are some more pics. Unfortunately the car was in a tight spot, so it was hard taking decent pics.