Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Kool looking Camaro renderings + vids

More pics and Vids :arrow: HERE

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

The more I see the new Camaro concept, the less I like it.

It is not retro in the right areas, and far to "bland" in other areas.

The same way the SSR could have been one badass HotRod truck, but ended up being round int he wrong places, squared off in the wrong places and not retro in the correct places - the Camaro is a loser in my book.

The Prowler had exactly the look it should have, but Chrylser forgot to put an engine in. Teh PT Cruiser also had the worng curves in the wrong places - another screwed up retro-car.

So far the ONLY retro-mobile to come close to the "right look" is the new Mustang.

*2 thumbs down*

But kinda cool animations
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
hemi_fan
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The more I see the new Camaro concept, the less I like it.

It is not retro in the right areas, and far to "bland" in other areas.

The same way the SSR could have been one badass HotRod truck, but ended up being round int he wrong places, squared off in the wrong places and not retro in the correct places - the Camaro is a loser in my book.

The Prowler had exactly the look it should have, but Chrylser forgot to put an engine in. Teh PT Cruiser also had the worng curves in the wrong places - another screwed up retro-car.

So far the ONLY retro-mobile to come close to the "right look" is the new Mustang.

*2 thumbs down*

But kinda cool animations
I completely agree, although I do not mind this new Camaro design. I never liked the previous generation camaros, and i think this one is deffinitely an improvement, HOWEVER, this thing doesnt even come close to the new Mustang or especially the Challenger! Prowler looks cool, I was excited when they announced the Howler but then they never built it At least the hardcore GM fans will have something to drive again.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
r2r
Regular User

GM is realizing that it's harder then it looks to copy the original design like the Ford did!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
vexor
Regular User

Teh PT Cruiser also had the worng curves in the wrong places - another screwed up retro-car.
The PT is a retro car ?

Old 05-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
Teh PT Cruiser also had the worng curves in the wrong places - another screwed up retro-car.
The PT is a retro car ?
Of course - ever seen a 1940's sedan?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:04 AM   #7
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by vexor
The PT is a retro car ?
Of course - ever seen a 1940's sedan?
i'm not much into classic cars

Old 05-25-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
DeMoN
Regular User

looks better than the retro mustang IMO, but still not great.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

on what platform and how to keep the price low and cost efficient. we'll see....
yeah right, GM and low cost (EG mustang) don't go hand in hand

oh, and for my own personal view, the Camaro doesn't look bad from all angles, but the Challenger concept looks good from all angles
Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #10
T-Bird
Regular User

I will say when I saw the Camaro in person in Detroit it didn't really impressme the way the Challenger did but then again I have always loved the challenger. I hope the fit and finish is of better quality than the concept car that thing looked like it was superglued together and nothing lined up just right.

I don't think that this car will be made to compete with the new Shleby because that will be throwing it right into Z06 territory and I think that could pose a few problems. so either by the time this comes out the Z better be running low 10 second 1/4 miles and high 2 second to 60 times or this will have to run with somewhere between the GT and Cobra forcing Ford to make some changes.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #11
spanky
Regular User

Thanks for putting these up for us Vexor! 8)
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #12
noliebro
Regular User

the camaro has become less attractive to me also the more that i look at. but compared to the crap they have called a camaro for the last 30+ years, i love this car. oh and yeah Challenger is coming and i will be sleeping out side the dealer waiting for it.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #13
black_magician
Regular User

it looks cool, but it's gonna suck. most of the buyers will go for the V6, and the interior will be made of all grey plastic. kinda sad really.
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:52 AM   #14
godspeed06
Regular User

i love it. it will be the first car i buy myself. when i graduate, im getting it. i can see it already, slight tint on the windows, black exterior, black interior, comp grey wheels and red brake calipers... with the V-8 of course. i think the resurgence of "retro" has forced certain people to obviously critique it - cant have everyone jump on the bandwagon, there just wouldnt be any fun in that. everything now is deemed as "retro." if you just take the car for what it is with no bias and no ideas of previous generations i think its great. the rear quarter panel and the narrow windows make the it. i was born in '85, i could give a rats ass what a 67 camaro looked like back in '67. i DO care about what the '08 camaro looks like, and i like it.

second of all, the whole interior plastics argument is getting old. maybe, im just not the plastic connosseiur that others are. maybe im just ignorant when it comes to the art of plastic formation and detail. but honestly, i dont care. plastic is plastic. its in everything from hondas to ferraris. granted, in different proportions, but i dont need a leather dash -especially not for a 30k car. ill take my plastic, and ill like it.

oh yea, all you guys have fun in your auto slush box challengers haha. its not coming in a manual.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #15
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
I will say when I saw the Camaro in person in Detroit it didn't really impressme the way the Challenger did but then again I have always loved the challenger. I hope the fit and finish is of better quality than the concept car that thing looked like it was superglued together and nothing lined up just right.

I don't think that this car will be made to compete with the new Shleby because that will be throwing it right into Z06 territory and I think that could pose a few problems. so either by the time this comes out the Z better be running low 10 second 1/4 miles and high 2 second to 60 times or this will have to run with somewhere between the GT and Cobra forcing Ford to make some changes.
I think they will put it up against the GT500. They are talks about putting the LS7 in the top of the line version. And no, this wont put it in Z06 territory, cause its way too heavy. The GT500 is nowhere near Z06 territory. Hell the GT500 cant even keep up with a stock C6 on a track. This car will not be a light weight. I say look for the top of the line model to be a mabye a little under 500 hp with a curb wieght of around 3800lb.