Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
GT-R_R34
Regular User

Default Dear President Bush

Dear President Bush;

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal fromyou and understand why you would propose and support a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage. As you said "in the eyes of God marriage is based between
a man a woman." I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to followthem.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves,both male and female, provided they are purchased fromneighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

4. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put death, should I do it or should I ask the police to do it?

5. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Aren't there 'degrees' of abomination?

6. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20 or is there a little wiggle room there?

7. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

8. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

9. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Should I smite them?

SMITE THEM O'MIGHTY SMITER!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
graywolf624
Regular User

Dude.. this is very close to crossing the line from a political commentary to criticizing people for there religion. Not there actions but there actual beliefs. Tone it down a bit. Or place it in the other forum as a pro athesism piece or something.

*I may not go to church. But to me this is more along the lines of the start of a religious debate then a jk.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
BADMIHAI
Regular User

'Tis still funny.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
graywolf624
Regular User

'Tis still funny.
See I dont think it is..
I think its a debate in itself.. Aka how you view the bible and religion.
As I've said before and repeatedly been rebuffed.. Enlightenment and open mindedness is not believing a certain set of ideas.. Its understanding why others believe the way they do and maybe choosing to believe otherwise.
The same falls for this. I can think of millions of people who believe the bible is the world of god. Something like this.. will just lead to a debate... and quite possibly indignation. Cause rather then an attempt to understand your mocking them. Sides.. even without the religious thing the bush stuff belongs in another forum. Especially on such a political issue as gay marriage.. which is actually a semantical fight.. not a gay people get rights fight.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:23 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

*I may not go to church. But to me this is more along the lines of the start of a religious debate then a jk.

Unfortunatley Graywolf, religion does find its way into politics. And in Bush's case, i think it has taken over his vision. most of his stances fall in with the religious right.

Don't look at it as an attack on christianity, but rather as a subliminal comment on the fact the Bush does not support religious freedom. Frankly i was pissed when candidates started throwing their religious upbringings into their ads. I don't give a shit if you are christian, catholic, jewish, muslim, pagan, buddhist or any of the other thousands upon thousands of beliefs out there. The only thing i care about is wether or not you are going to listen to the people who chose you to lead them and uphold your promises to those people.

this is a pretty old song but i think it still portrays the underlying motives of alot of powerful groups.

Bad Religion's American Jesus:

I don't need to be a global citizen
Cuz I'm blessed by nationality
I'm a member of a growing populace
We enforce our popularity
There are things that seem to pull us under
And there are things that drag us down
But there's a power and a vital presence
It's lurking all around

We've got the American Jesus
See him on the interstate
He helped build the president's estate

I feel sorry for the earth's population
Cuz so few live in the U.S.A.
At least the foreigners can copy our morality
They can visit but they cannot stay
Only precious few can garner the prosperity
It makes us walk with renewed confidence
We've got a place to go when we die
And the architect resides right here

See him on the interstate
Overwhelming millions every day

(Greg sings the next section, while the backup part
repeats "Dear god, dear god, dear god, he's one of us")

He's the farmers' barren fields, the force the army wields
The expressions on the faces of the starving children
The power of the man, he's the fuel that drives the klan
He's the motive and conscience of the murderer
He's the preacher on TV, the false sincerity
The form letter that's written by the big computers
He's the nuclear bombs and the kids with no moms
And I'm fearful that he's inside me

This song hits it pretty close IMO. and considering the fact that this song was written during daddy bush's term....hmm..makes ya think doesn't it?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 11-18-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
graywolf624
Regular User

Unfortunatley Graywolf, religion does find its way into politics. And in Bush's case, i think it has taken over his vision. most of his stances fall in with the religious right.
See z..Even ignoring the rest of what you said.. You just varified the exact thing I stated.. WRONG FORUM
politics
And frankly.. I dont think anything bush has passed has hurt anyones religion or religious freedom.

The govt shouldnt be granting marriages to anyone.. They should be granting unions.. Churhes should grant religions (hell even kerry agreed with bush on this one.. it was just there methods of accomplishing that goal.. ammendment versus not vote for it). The govt should also not be attempting to erase god or anything else offensive from pieces of our heritage just to appease some easily offended people that just can't seem to find a cause more worthy of their time.

Ya want to argue true keeping religious freedom.. Someone tell PA.. a kerry state and the state I grew up in.. To nix that damn intelligent design.. aka creationism.. teaching in class. Bush wasnt involved in that one.

Hell even the stem cell research.. he hasnt banned it.. Its not something the govt should be spending money on.. period.. Smaller govt remember.. And yet he did spend some federal money on it.. which actually bothers me from a wholely non religious stand point.. Dont take my money and put it into an area that has had no advancements whatsoever.. Let a private company do it.. theyll be 10 x more efficient as we all know.

Abortion.. hasnt really passed anything but a ban on partial birth where the baby already leaves the mother.. if he goes further yeah.. but when they have to cut the kids head open and pull out the brains.. your starting to cross a line. We can talk if he does something drastic like overturns roe v wade.. And no.. the media saying hes going too doesnt count.

My real issue with bush in this regards is his use of them to get elected.. But I think its just that.. a use.. You gotta rile up each group of your supporters.. whoever they are. If I dont get on the democrats for riling up the mob (aka labor union bosses).. then I cant exactly get on the republicans for using their version.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:41 PM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

See z..Even ignoring the rest of what you said.. You just varified the exact thing I stated.. WRONG FORUM Quote:
sorry, didn't notice which forum this was ops: i usually find the topics on the left under the recent topics on the home page.

so, i guess we shouldn't hijack the thread. ops:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 11-18-2004, 11:54 PM   #9
GT-R_R34
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Dude.. this is very close to crossing the line from a political commentary to criticizing people for there religion. Not there actions but there actual beliefs. Tone it down a bit. Or place it in the other forum as a pro athesism piece or something.

as far as i know this is the lang of the freedom. religion and politics goes together in this goverments. (JesusLand)
Old 11-18-2004, 11:55 PM   #10
graywolf624
Regular User

JesusLand)
Ok.. as long as you admit you live in the communist commune formerly known as california.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:57 PM   #11
GT-R_R34
Regular User

LOL remember we have Arnol

BTW http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11199
Old 11-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #12
graywolf624
Regular User

Yeah.. and might I remind you.. that this thread started out in the wrong forum...

Thats not my fault.. thats yours.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:10 AM   #13
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i'm not going to continue. if you didn't like the j/k just say so. i'm not going to dabete with you if you want go back to your political forums with the hat on, this a joke section, and keep it that way.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:12 AM   #14
CSedl87
Regular User

Three words graywolf, GET A LIFE!
You're the type of person that says lets call them "african americans" even though they've never ever been to africa, or if you're lucky they just might know what africa is. You're the type that says lets call them 'native americans' just becuase they cried and pouted. If I were as much of a baby as them, I'd have everything I've ever wanted. People will get offended, that's part of life. And btw GT-r I thought it was rather funny, thanks and keep em coming.
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
Old 11-19-2004, 12:17 AM   #15
graywolf624
Regular User

You're the type of person that says lets call them "african americans" even though they've never ever been to africa
Say what? Actually.. I think the call them african americans thing is retarded.. Native americans too.. Your barking up the wrong tree.. Im a libertarian.. Equal rights for everyone.. If they can call me cracker then I can call them whatever the hell I want too.

People will get offended, that's part of life
Actually.. I think ive showed more then once that pc people can go jump off a bridge. I didnt in any way shape or form question your right to say anything.. I meerely pointed out that its clearly the wrong forum. You can criticize a religion.. you can criticize politics.. But theres a forum for that. This isnt it.

I dont think its funny.. that doesnt reflect your right to say it or anything else. I dont think calling someone a cracker is funny either.. but thats your poragative.
Closed Thread