Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default did anybody pass the last (mercedes) driving mission?

the last couple days, i pulled out the PS2 again...

the Nurburgring is my favorite track in the game; but I can't seem to pass the mercedes SLR vs. historic/various MB's quite in the one lap...

I come within 5 seconds nearly each time i've tried it... (9:17) (minus about 2 mintues of wait time)

i've gotten ever other NS mission perfect, and easily passed... but not this one... kinda fustrating, especially since you have to wait 2+ minutes in between each attempt
Old 05-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
No.1
Regular User

i never did it - and now my game is scratched :roll:

The problem is the SLR - overweight, ill-handling, gripless POS - i know part of the skill is mastering a shite handling car, but i reckon it's a shitty car to use - methinks i got within 20 or 15 seconds of the cars, but could never extract the last few ounces of driver skill from myself.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1

The problem is the SLR - overweight, ill-handling, gripless POS - i know part of the skill is mastering a shite handling car, but i reckon it's a shitty car to use - methinks i got within 20 or 15 seconds of the cars, but could never extract the last few ounces of driver skill from myself.
the problem with the SLR in the game is it has such terrible high speed handling, and absolutely no D/F feel to it at all... like at Metzgafield... its really tough to get the braking zone right, and still maintain speed.

15-20 seconds... you have some practice to do i'm gunning for those last 5 seconds... i know if i do a few sections perfect, im about 4 seconds faster... (extremely hard to do all in one clean lap)
but that still leaves that 1 second to make up

about the scratch... a cd-cleaning kit + windex, and 2x around fixes nearly all problems
Old 05-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #4
coloradosilver
Regular User

I've been working on this mission since forever now. I have the entire game completed except for that mission.

The SLR is for shit at high speeds. You need to run nearly perfect to win that one. Getting it all to come together and have that perfect lap with the SLR around the Ring is seemingly impossible. That mission still eludes me. I figured it to be so rediculously difficult that I really don't consider that mission part of the game anymore, just an extra challenge that I can try if I'd like.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

Very hard to pass indeed, I didn't come back to GT4 for a while but I perfectly remember that I can't pass this one
Old 05-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #6
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by thenumber1

the problem with the SLR in the game is it has such terrible high speed handling, and absolutely no D/F feel to it at all... like at Metzgafield... its really tough to get the braking zone right, and still maintain speed.

15-20 seconds... you have some practice to do i'm gunning for those last 5 seconds... i know if i do a few sections perfect, im about 4 seconds faster... (extremely hard to do all in one clean lap)
but that still leaves that 1 second to make up

about the scratch... a cd-cleaning kit + windex, and 2x around fixes nearly all problems
lol - i'm not the best driver on GT4 using my joypad

I'll see if i can get my disc sorted that way, but if not, i'll go out and buy a new copy after exams have finished - it should only cost £20 anyway
Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #7
TNT
Regular User

edit: nevermind i will give it a try.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #8
sentra_dude

I tired this one many times, but in the end I gave up, because it was so frustrating to go through 90% of the lap and then screw up one minor thing and that lap is out the window...but then you realize even if you hadn't screwed up the last 7min of effort, you still wouldn't have even passed...

That, and having to wait 2 blasted minutes each time! :fist:

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #9
TNT
Regular User

yeah that mission is a bitch!! :x
Old 05-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #10
DeMoN
Regular User

lol, I havnt even passed one of the B ones.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i have passed that one, but i took me a while to get it pass. i was 1 second faster than the other car. is kind of frustrating when you lose by 1 second and have to start all over again.

kind of of a bad pictures, but i manage 9.13
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:59 AM   #12
taygunho
Regular User

After I bought my Driving Force Pro I didn't tried it but with joy pad I was 25-30 seconds behind the leader.Because of my exams I will try it next weekend with.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #13
DeMoN
Regular User

Im getting back to that game soon. ITs going to take a long long time for me to pass that Im sure, but now you guys motivated me to doing it.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by GT-R_R34
i have passed that one, but i took me a while to get it pass. i was 1 second faster than the other car. is kind of frustrating when you lose by 1 second and have to start all over again.

kind of of a bad pictures, but i manage 9.13
nice work GT-R! that is the 4 seconds i'm looking for... i think i'll try again later today
Old 05-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

well, i just had my new best time... and i know i could've been 2 seconds faster on this lap from a mistake at ardanau bridge, and poor braking off of dottinger hoe... but i managed a 9:16.4... i could see the fricking SL right there