Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #1
levensnevel
Regular User

Default 606 takes

Guess most of you will know the famous 2 minutes Honda Accord commercial nicknamed "cog"
You can find the story behind this commercial, aswell as some DL links here:
http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/hondacog.asp
Never realised so much work was involved

edited because the picture I included earlier disappeared in the great www blackhole and was replace by a large green emoticon

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:01 AM   #2
geekdiggy
Regular User

THANKS i've been trying to find the story behind this for ages. my friend still thinks it was all computer generated :roll:

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:09 AM   #3
Tomerville
Regular User

Wow, the first time I saw that, I didn;t think it was computer generated just because Honda has amazing technolgy (look at the VTEC). It is so original though.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:32 AM   #4
PATo355
Regular User

Thx just watched it in the 3rd seriues 5th gear episode , is incredibl i thought it was computer generated

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:40 AM   #5
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

wow...this is awesome...think of the time taken to think this thing out!!...pretty unbelievable...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:00 AM   #6
deth
Regular User

thats nuts........i think i would have gond mad after the 20th take or so.........606 takes?! :roll: shit..prolly would have been easier just to do CG or at least put clips together! but i guess that half the fun of the commercial
Old 03-29-2004, 07:22 PM   #7
mit5005
Regular User

Now that is just amazing. I guess they dont play that in the US. Whoever thought of that must be a genius.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #8
Anonymous

It's amazing the effect that advert has i was in the pub watching the footy once and it came on at half time suddenly this noisy roudy (mostly student) Pub fell silent everyone watched it in near silence then as if nothing had happened when it finished all the noise started again .

Absolute genius it really grabs everyones attention and was well worth the money they spent on it
Old 03-29-2004, 08:23 PM   #9
Junk2006
Regular User

I don't understand why didn't they test out the whole thing before they wasted money on taping
Old 03-30-2004, 08:43 AM   #10
TT
Regular User

What do you mean.. they had to test and tape every test since probably to obtain it two times was impossible LOL! Better be ready to have on tape everything that to test it, obtain the result for the first time and then never achieve it anymore
Old 03-30-2004, 04:46 PM   #11
Junk2006
Regular User

But why didn't they test it out and then setup everything again
Old 03-30-2004, 06:00 PM   #12
TT
Regular User

Because as you can see, it's VERY hard to get it right once.. they needed 600 tries for a single one.. if they would have choosed your technique, they would have needed 1200 tries...
Old 03-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Junk2006
But why didn't they test it out and then setup everything again
...because that is the definition of LIVE ACTION - it is LIVE - and you can what you shoot.. :roll: :roll:

BTW, I think they didn't bother showing that ad here in the US, becasue the audiences attention span would not last the lenght of the.... what were we talking about agiab?

Over here, if it doesn't blow up, fall down, have a death or naked chest or camel toe - the audience loses interest... (and that is just for baby food.. )
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #14
TT
Regular User

Yes I saw the whole thing only online.. here on TV at first they showed just a shortened 5 seconds version.. now to launch a the diesel they dustened it again, but again not the whole thing but just the last part from right before the whipers I think... to bad
Old 03-30-2004, 06:43 PM   #15
coloradosilver
Regular User

Talk about dedication! Can you imagine how you would feel after the 400th time or so of the whole thing going through almost to the very end and then something going wrong in the last few seconds. I'm surprised that nobody got injured out of frustration while making this. Congrats to the people though!
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote