Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-31-2003, 03:30 AM   #1
heath
Regular User

Default What do you do?

Well I'm just wonder what we all do? and is it car related?

I work in a car performance and spare parts shop in my district.
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 03:32 AM   #2
fedezyl
Regular User

I masturbate myself several times a day

And I flight instruct too, so in order to preserve my professionalism towards my students please disregard my last phrase.

fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 03:35 AM   #3
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by fedezyl
I masturbate myself several times a day

And I flight instruct too, so in order to preserve my professionalism towards my students please disregard my last phrase.
Have you joined the mile high club by yourself? LOL

I build airplane floats. They let a ton of people go and I'm afriad that at anytime, I could be next. So I've been looking for a new job. This one is getting a bit annoying anyway. All the noise gives me a headache daily.
Old 08-31-2003, 03:42 AM   #4
fedezyl
Regular User

I haven't joined the Mile High Club yet, I have applied to it several times, but it seems that my female students don't like to cooperate, LOL, just kidding, as far as I can say, performing the pelvic maneuver in a small airplane is kind of difficult, blowjobs are still feasable but still, it isn't the full monty... I'll try to get my girlfriend back home into it next time...but until then...my imagination is the only place where i'll be in that famous club.
As far as the noise...like car's it's intoxicatingly beautiful to me and I can't ever get tired of it..i'm probably one of the few persons that doesn't get anoyed by living so close to a busy airport..
For wich company do you work for? you probably build float's for Cessna's 182, 206 and 180 and 185 don't you? And if i'm correct Minnesota is the state with the most lakes...please correct me if i'm wrong because i'm not from this country...

Old 08-31-2003, 03:53 AM   #5
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by fedezyl
For wich company do you work for? you probably build float's for Cessna's 182, 206 and 180 and 185 don't you? And if i'm correct Minnesota is the state with the most lakes...please correct me if i'm wrong because i'm not from this country...
The company is called Wipaire. Yup, Minnesota is the "Land of 10,000 lakes" that what is says on license plates anyway. I think the actual number is 14,000 different lakes.
The floats we build are for small single engine aircraft, like a lot of the Cessna models. I believe we make some for bigger planes too, but I'm not entirely sure.
The noise isn't so bad, but when you have a combination of the rivet guns I use, the radio blaring all day long and airplanes, trucks and carts rumbling past the hanger all day long, it's gets very annoying!
Old 08-31-2003, 04:08 AM   #6
fedezyl
Regular User

I know what you mean, I bet you spend quite some money in Tylenol or Advil...
I do to, but mine are more hangover reasons than anything else, also I have some stock in Alka seltzer....pretty good when you had a bad combination of drinks the night before...

Old 08-31-2003, 06:08 AM   #7
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Fedezyl, what all do you train people on, any multi-engined birds, or just single engined? My friend's grandfather has an old WWII warbird, an AT-6 trainer to be exact. That thing was a blast to fly in, and it was my first time in a small aircraft. Well, small being relative, since it had a 500 HP pratt and whitney motor

I just loved how rediculously sensative the response was. It's also interesting trying to fly a plane for the first time, even after playing with the simulators for a few years. Even after flying around, it was almost fatiguing trying to find and remember where the different indicators were. Do you use any computer based flight simulators yourself, such as Microsoft flight simulator, or X-Plane (which is what I use). X-Plane is nice because it is very realistic if you want it to be. For example, if I use the P-51D model in the game, if you go full throttle, the aircraft will definately torque in one direction, and you need to compensate by applying the right ammount of aileron. I think it also handles the really high (FL 1000+) altitudes a bit better than MS Flight Sim (well, at least 98 lol, that was the last version I used). In fact, I'm going to try using one of the X-planes to do a high altitude cruise from Los Angeles to New York.
Sinister Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 06:16 AM   #8
Sinister Angel
Regular User

But as for what I do, I just started my own Computer consulting firm while I'm going to school for engineering on board merchant marine vessels. This is the school I'm going too. It is one of the six maritime academies in the US, and it is the only freshwater maritime academy. The nice thing about this industry is that there is almost always a job, and if you get the right company, I've heard a chief engineer can pull almost $500-600 USD a day. That's quite a bit of money folks! Only downside is that you will be out for a month or 5 at a time, but you also get that same time off, so it's all in how you look at it.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:56 AM   #9
sportVeloce
Regular User

Default Re: What do you do?

Originally Posted by heath
Well I'm just wonder what we all do? and is it car related?
-> Spend my time reading your posts. Do I hear an echo? http://www.jabbasworld.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1092

Owning a Lancia is like being in love with a beautiful woman, who doesn’t care if you live or die
Old 08-31-2003, 09:11 AM   #10
chang
Regular User

I'm unemployed...
chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 09:16 AM   #11
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

I'm a fitter machinst
Old 08-31-2003, 01:10 PM   #12
fedezyl
Regular User

I instruct in single and multi engine, just building my time to go to the airlines..
I've seen the T-6, it's an awesome plane, a WWII trainer, and it's so sensitive because of it's aerobatic capabilities, try to do a barrel roll in a Cessna 172 and you'll see what slow roll rate is..
As far as flightsiming goes, yes I use FS2004 now, I highly reccomend it, i've been into it since 1994 too so yes, flying is my life for me...and auto racing, but...I have to wait a little bit for that...

Old 08-31-2003, 01:36 PM   #13
stradale
Regular User

I'm in college doing law school. I hope to get my masters within a few months.
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 01:54 PM   #14
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Ever since I rode in that texan, it is my goal to get a warbird. Problem with flight time is it's pricey here. I've heard about $67 USD for an hour in a 172, so for now, I'm just going to work on gettin into the shipping lanes, making some nice money that way, and then slowly work on getting a nice car and a warbird.

Is there an FAA equivelant where you are? I think the FAA here has allowed you to rack up a few hours using flight simulator or X-plane, not entirely sure how that works out though.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:13 PM   #15
Johns
Regular User

I make easy money pimpin hoes in style 8)
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote