Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
wattawog
Regular User

Default Magistrates Court, Melb AU

Hey guys, does anyone know what happens if you get caught driving whilst disqualified (not that u knew you were). Once you go to court. What charges do you think they will throw at me? Another loss of license? $$fine? Community service? perhaps a slap on the wrist aka warning?

IF IT AINT BROKE.... DONT FIX IT....
wattawog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
XTwinTurboVR4X
Regular User

how can you NOT know that you're disqualified

Performance Numbers: 465awhp/482ft-lbs @ 24psi or ~550 flywheel horses.
Performance Modifications: AAM Air Intakes, AAM Fuel Rails, AEM EMS, ATR Downpipe, ATR Test Pipe, Blitz SBC-id, Blitz Power Meter, Blitz Turbo Timer, Borla Catback Exhaust, Brembo Rotors, Chrome Y-Pipe, Eibach Ground Control Coil 2.0" Drop, Fidanza Fly Wheel, Goodrich Steel Braided Brake Lines, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Greddy boost/EGT/Fuel-Air gauges, Gutted Precats, HKS Intercoolers, HKS Intercooler Hard Pipes, HKS Hi-Flow Fuel Pump, HKS DLi Ignition, HKS Sequential BOV, Accel Wires, NGK Spark Plugs (0.033"), RPS Stage-3 Sprung 6-disks Clutch, SMC alchohol kit, T.E.C Front Strut Bar, Dynamic Racing 650R Turbochargers, 720cc injectors, Spec-800 Race Engine built by AAM with JE forged pistons/Crower forged rods.

Non-Performance Mods: 94VR4 to 98VR4 conversion, HID headlights, Konig Villains 18x9, Kumho 265X18X35, Real Leather Shift Knob Cover, Synthetic fluids. Polished by Dave Best: Manifold, HKS intercooler pipes, exhaust covers, 3000GT VR4 spark plug cover.

Powder Coated Red by Dave Best: Valve Covers
XTwinTurboVR4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6

Amnezia from the accident you caused.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
andrei46

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Originally Posted by Dan\/6

Amnezia from the accident you caused.
talking from experiemce ?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #5
BADMIHAI
Regular User

talking from experiemce ?

I can't remember.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:19 AM   #6
sads
Regular User

Not knowing you lost your liscence? how does that work didnt you get the nice letter in the mail form the police saying your screwed?
But people I know of have had bigger fines put on them with a longer suspension period
Old 05-05-2005, 04:18 AM   #7
dingo
Regular User

Thats just crap that you didn't know - you obviously did something pretty major to lose it in the first place so I think your trying to play dumb Hopefully they take your license of you for another period of time, not that it would achieve much since you seem to drive without one anyway
Old 05-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
wattawog
Regular User

ok, well thanks to all of you who are telling me im dumb! much appreciated.

Basicly they never took the license off me when it got cancelled/suspended because i was not present at the court case. Make sense guys? or am i still not making it clear? Sorry im a bad explainer!! :roll:

The truth is i was caught out on video tape by the vic police at the drags. I got screwed for wreckless driving, endangering lives, failure to stick left (funny one), failure to stop at red light & 2-3 other things like, undue noise pollution and undue smoke etc etc. NOW, i did get the fines like i was told in the cop shop that i would. I paid them. That was the end of it. I didn't recieve anymore letters or notices from the police. Before you know it, i get pulled over for a ruitine breath & license test etc etc. Then i get informed my licence is cancelled.

So! i then had to find out HOW it got cancelled. It turns out that they apparantly sent me a court summonce but i did not go. Obviously because i did not know! Thats when they cancelled my license.

Anyways, thats what was going on. Now to let you all know what happens when u get caught driving whilst disqualified and no P plates!

You get let off with a laugh of your life, a lousy $600 fine muahahahahaahahah

I WAS LOVIN IT!!

Thanks once again for your replies! they scared the shit out of me

Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #9
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by wattawog

The truth is i was caught out on video tape by the vic police at the drags. I got screwed for wreckless driving, endangering lives, failure to stick left (funny one), failure to stop at red light & 2-3 other things like, undue noise pollution and undue smoke etc etc. NOW, i did get the fines like i was told in the cop shop that i would. I paid them. That was the end of it. I didn't recieve anymore letters or notices from the police. Before you know it, i get pulled over for a ruitine breath & license test etc etc. Then i get informed my licence is cancelled.
at the drags? I assume you mean on the roads around the drag strip otherwise it makes no sense? In any case all those offences are fairly serious and not something I would be proud of. As for not receiving the notice to go to court I can't say much as we can only take your word for it.

Anyways, thats what was going on. Now to let you all know what happens when u get caught driving whilst disqualified and no P plates!

You get let off with a laugh of your life, a lousy $600 fine muahahahahaahahah

I WAS LOVIN IT!!
I'm glad $600 is a 'lousy' amount of money for you, I certainly wouldn't be so happy about it. If I was innocent like you claim you were (saying you didn't receive notice of losing your license) I would have fought the fine since I have done nothing wrong. :roll: So I assume you will go back out there and create havoc on the roads once more? Its obvious you haven't really learnt a lesson by reading your post.
BTW, just out of interest what type of car do you drive?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #10
wattawog
Regular User

Listen dingo, as a matter of fact since the day i got pulled over and told i dont have a license. i have been using public fkn transport, OK! using a frikin BUS everywhere you go is very slow, annoying and all of the words that go along with annoying.

When i say drags, i mean illegal street drags, which were actually 3yrs ago. Dont tell me u were not a fkn idiot when you first got your license. I strongly beleive we allllllllllllllll went through a stage like that! And for your information IM OVER IT, been OVER IT for like 3 years!

I didnt argue the fine because i didnt want to get my license touched again because i just got it back 1-1.5 months ago, ok!

You dont need to go out of your way to tell me how serious my offences were. I didnt realis ethat 3 years ago, to me it was "the moment" of fun. Now i look back and curse my self of how stupid it was! People learn from their mistakes, so stop assuming i didn't learn & please stop putting me down and making me feel like a piece of shit.

I drive an R33 jap crap!

Any more questions or insults

Old 05-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #11
dingo
Regular User

When i say drags, i mean illegal street drags, which were actually 3yrs ago. Dont tell me u were not a fkn idiot when you first got your license. I strongly beleive we allllllllllllllll went through a stage like that! And for your information IM OVER IT, been OVER IT for like 3 years!
no I wasn't actually, I never got involved in illegal street drags. If this happened 3yrs ago then your license would have been reinstated already by the time you got pulled over recently - I doubt it was suspended for longer than 3yrs back when this happened.

You dont need to go out of your way to tell me how serious my offences were. I didnt realis ethat 3 years ago, to me it was "the moment" of fun. Now i look back and curse my self of how stupid it was! People learn from their mistakes, so stop assuming i didn't learn & please stop putting me down and making me feel like a piece of shit.

I drive an R33 jap crap!

Any more questions or insults
I am not going out of my way, I was just commenting on what I was reading Its good to hear that you have learnt a lesson and regret your mistakes - its just not the impression I got from your previous post but if it is the case then I am glad. I am not trying to make you 'feel like a piece of shit', just giving you my honest opinion.
The R33 is not jap crap, cool cars IMO.....no more insults for now
Old 05-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #12
wattawog
Regular User

One more thing, when i got busted at the drags. the procedure of coming into the police station for interviews etc etc took ages because there were 5-600 hundred others involved. All of us who knew each other from that night, after the bust it was on the tv, a current affair seven news, etc etc. We were all scared we were going to los eour cars. Then there was some sort of battle between the police and channel 7 in regards to some sort of privacy or copyright or something liek that. Because it was actually the news camera guys who had the footage on tape. Then they had to go to court in order to be able to use that tape to scew us over.! I hope this is making sense hehe
Well anyways, some time after that i got called in several times, the matter took ages. Then all 500 people (im asuming) had to go to court. Ohnestly do you think it would take some time

At the end of the day, i got screwed anyway!
I might take some pics of my car and post them. Would you mind just telling me, do i have to put my keys or some customized msg on the car to prove it is me and it IS my car?

Old 05-10-2005, 11:19 PM   #13
dingo
Regular User

I might take some pics of my car and post them. Would you mind just telling me, do i have to put my keys or some customized msg on the car to prove it is me and it IS my car?
yes you do, read this: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...t=8593&start=0
So the owners manual, keys, or a print out of a JW page on the car would be enough.....and not too much to ask IMO.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:21 PM   #14
SilviaEvo
Regular User

manual preferably shown so that we can see the car! and is it a R33 GTR? GT-S? or what?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #15
wattawog
Regular User

It's an import man, no manuals! Its not like the cars WOW anyhow its plain and simple. R33 gts-t. BTW, how do you put pictures up anyway.