Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
TNT
Regular User

Default Veryon going down?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...d800f57993.htm

Hennessey going to produce a lotus front with a CGT back super car?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
TNT
Regular User

i am not to sure i mean Hennessey make a very good product and they are proven fast.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
saadie
Regular User

^^ exactly ...

i just wish they created the ugly pig with a bit of style .. like the concorde 8)
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
One day for sure the Veyron will be beaten and better car will born, but I don't believe it's this.
Offcourse that will happen.......but as Jay Leno once said, nothing beats the car that changes the limits of motoring. So everyone can make cars that reach 410, 412, 415.....440 km per hour....nothing beats THE FIRST car that could pass over 400 kmh.

I had a loooong and annoyng chat with a kid that couldnt shut up on how much better the SSC Ultimate Aero TT was than the Veyron , because it reached.....412kmh or how much it did.....IT just wont be the car on every kid's desktop...and so will this Hennessey thing.....

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
dangerously_cool
Regular User

The Veyron can't compare to these tuner cars. Think of the resources that a mainstream manufacturer can throw at projects versus a tuner company. No one is going to be able to beat the package for a long time; hennessey might succeed in eclipsing the speed or the aero but the aero has to be looked at in a different light too, it's again more along the lines of the hennessey car, more tuner, though Shelby threw more at it. Besides whatever the aero is, it's uglier imo than the veyron, which could use a single-tone paintjob. Plus you guys are right; the Veyron came first, the rest just follow.

That said, in light of that I will probably never have a veyron, I don't think too highly of it in a practical light. I want a tuner car because in my youth the comfort that comes with the veyron package isn't that important yet. I tuned my srt a few times at Modacar and their lotus turbos are ridiculous so this looks cool. Besides a track car is just so much more focused, form follows function, which is a concept which nearly ruined the veyron's development.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
dangerously_cool
Regular User

The Veyron can't compare to these tuner cars. Think of the resources that a mainstream manufacturer can throw at projects versus a tuner company. No one is going to be able to beat the package for a long time; hennessey might succeed in eclipsing the speed or the aero but the aero has to be looked at in a different light too, it's again more along the lines of the hennessey car, more tuner, though Shelby threw more at it. Besides whatever the aero is, it's uglier imo than the veyron, which could use a single-tone paintjob. Plus you guys are right; the Veyron came first, the rest just follow.

That said, in light of that I will probably never have a veyron, I don't think too highly of it in a practical light. I want a tuner car because in my youth the comfort that comes with the veyron package isn't that important yet. I tuned my srt a few times at Modacar and their lotus turbos are ridiculous so this looks cool. Besides a track car is just so much more focused, form follows function, which is a concept which nearly ruined the veyron's development.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
martin100
Regular User

No match for the Veyron if you ask me. Maby as fast, but it won´t be as balanced and well made.
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #8
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
meh...it's probably gonna be another tinny, wobbly, mega HP fed pile of crap!

all hail the Veyron!
Time will tell.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote