Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-17-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
dropot2
Regular User

Default What happens to my computer?? Help please!!

Well, the computer more or less works fine but when I try to play one of my favourite games that appears in my screen:

Now the file that the computer don't find has changed because previously it didn't find redline.dll.
I suppose it may be caused because I have recently uninstalled win98 and I have installed win2000...
Anyone knows what happens and what I could do?
Thanks
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
m3mys3lf4ndi
Regular User

my spanish sucks... i can say only (dont know the spelling) - yo no comprende ce yo hablo

i think its just missing dll - try to find it somewhere and copy in to C:\windows\system and see if it works.

m3mys3lf4ndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
bmwmpower
Regular User

please post that message right, cos i cant see anythink
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
sheruken
Regular User

Its coz its a PNG file, here I convert it for u bmwmpower, now can u see what it says Coz now I CANT

Anyway, try to search verite.dll on ur computer, or u can get it off google mostly. after getting it, paste it at all the places it says its missing, egs : C:\SIERRA\gpl, C:\WINDOWS\System32, C:\WINDOWS\System, C:\WINDOWS\ .. etc etc..
And see if its working then. I highly doubt it. I think you need to re-install GPL.
I havent played the game so cant tell u exactly, and the error msg is related to DLL, so cant ask you to check if theres a registry entry file in the gpl directory. Mostly when you re-install windows and just run a game from the directory u need to do that registry thingy.

Anyway sorry for going OT now : I am actually having a problem with LoTR : Battle for Middle Earth. Well the game starts but after about 10 mins whatever I am playing, Skirmish, Multiplayer, Campaign .. My army just dies, all of em at once, and I get a Game Over (Defeated) Screen. I also have not installed the game, just copy pasted the directory and did the registry thingy. Can anyone help me on this?
Sorry dropot2, for going OffTopic.
(BTW, shouldnt this be in VideoGames section )
Old 01-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by m3mys3lf4ndi
my spanish sucks... i can say only (dont know the spelling) - yo no comprende ce yo hablo

i think its just missing dll - try to find it somewhere and copy in to C:\windows\system and see if it works.
LOL Sorry!! I haven't thought that the message is in Spanish!!!
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
bmwmpower
Regular User

i dont know sorry, complicated
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote