Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-04-2005, 08:47 AM   #1
pzgren
Regular User

Default My Porsche 996 C2 - little update 14th may

I spent a lot of hours with testing a lot of different cars after i sold my yellow Audi S4. Finally there were 3 cars left from which i had to decide

a silver M3 Cabrio with SMGII
a silver Porsche 993 Turbo
a black Porsche 996 C2

The BMW is a very nice car and the SMGII is real fun. It's absolutely crazy how fast you can change gear with those paddles. But my heart was closer to the Porsches so i had to decide between the 993 and the 996.
The 993 TT is an absolutely mindblowing car. The one i've droven a few times was equipped with factory based tuning up to 450bhp, GT2 exhaust system und GT2 clutch. the sound was..... extreme loud!!!!! if you push down the paddle you cannot breath anymore, it's that extreme fast.
but the fact ist i need to drive the car the whole year and a classic car like this you cannot drive during winter. and actually i don't have enough place in my garage for two cars so i dedided to take the 996.
It's not as fast as the TT but it's pure fun too. luckily my porsche dealer could manage that i got a license plate with 911 ending, wonderfull.
i'll report more facts about this car later, now it's time for the first pics i made this morning.

First, the custom shots:

and here's the car

i'll post some more pics of it when the weather is getting better. i planed several modifications but i'll wait until spring. it doesn't make sense to make those things now at the beginning of winter time.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Brillant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you're officially in my "insist to make an indepth with his car" list
Old 12-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
No.1
Regular User

Congrats.... i think you made the right choice. The 993 is getting a bit old now, but the 996 is new enough to not have to worry about things expiring too early.

Looking forward to more pics etc :good:
Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #4
saadie
Regular User

congrats ... 8) 8)
im not a big fan of porshce ... but every porsche looks cool in black ...... nice choice
Old 12-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

Congrats .. Looks like you stayed in the same VAG Porsche family 8)

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #6
Fleischmann
Regular User

Congratulations, your the owner of a fabulous machine. And great colour for it too, black suits it best IMO. And thx for providing pics so quickly. Still, a photosession by TT wouldn't hurt

BTW...was it bought new/used, if so what's the mileage ?? And is it just me or has the front been modified...is that a GT3 front spoiler ??
Old 12-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #7
pzgren
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Brillant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you're officially in my "insist to make an indepth with his car" list
i feel honored

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
BTW...was it bought new/used, if so what's the mileage ?? And is it just me or has the front been modified...is that a GT3 front spoiler ??
it's a used one, in my opinion it doesn't make sense to buy a new one because you'll loose a lot of money in the first year. the mileage is 75000 and the car is in a sensationel shape.
yup, that's correct, it has a GT3 front spoiler. more will come but as i mentioned i'll wait until spring.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #8
Wutputt
Regular User

Congrats with your new ride. It looks like it is in mint condition. But is a 993TT really that difficult to live with in wintertime compared to a 996 C2. I would say with its four wheel drive system and some winter wheels it would be doable?
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #9
oscargarza88
Regular User

great car! congrats!
just like the one my dad bought...
but its weird.. cause the wheels are different, and the steering wheel.... is it becaues of the US-Euro models or soemthing like that?
and u said it has the gt3 front spoiler... thats weird casue my dads has that one too and i thought it was stock...
my dads is here: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...369&highlight=
anywyas.
congrats and enojoy!
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #10
pzgren
Regular User

it's not that. the problem is that we have a lot of dirt, stones, salt and other sh** on our streets during winter which is pure toxin for a 993. these cars are not build to be used during winter. you can, but any porsche dealer recommends to use another car during winter. i new a few 993 TT owners and they all don't drive it during winter time.
the problem is that a lot of openings are not close. so all the dirt, salt and other things will go inside and destroy a lot of things. with the 996 you don't have this problem because everything is closed. it's more an everyday car then the 993 TT is.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
pzgren
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
great car! congrats!
but its weird.. cause the wheels are different, and the steering wheel.... is it becaues of the US-Euro models or soemthing like that?
and u said it has the gt3 front spoiler... thats weird casue my dads has that one too and i thought it was stock...
anywyas.
congrats and enojoy!
this is because you're dad has the facelift model. thats why the steering wheel, rims and headlights look different. if you compare 97-2001 models you'll see that they have another front which is smaller. with the 2002 facelift the've changed also the front whick looks like the gt3 front. i don' know if there is a difference between those two fronts.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #12
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

great car man... congrts! have fun

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #13
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by pzgren
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
great car! congrats!
anywyas.
congrats and enojoy!
this is because you're dad has the facelift model. thats why the steering wheel, rims and headlights look different. if you compare 97-2001 models you'll see that they have another front which is smaller. with the 2002 facelift the've changed also the front whick looks like the gt3 front. i don' know if there is a difference between those two fronts.
ohhhh ok....
i dont remeber seing the year of your car... my bad.
and i didnt know that... id otn know these things about porsches.... thanks
personally i like ur wheels just as much as the ones my dad has... and everything else whell they r just small changes and if ur gonna mod yours then they almost dont even matter... unless there are mechanical changes too....
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #14
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me drive it great car btw. you will be pleased.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #15
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by pzgren
Originally Posted by TT
i feel honored
Dude, whenver you'll be in my region and you'll have some spare time, let me know I'll go the same if I will come up there