Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Nigerian Scamsters go back to basics...

Stupid enough to actually think anyone would believe FedEx have a Live! account?? LOL

Dear Sir or Madam,

In accordance with Decree 98 of 1993, which was an amendment to Decree 49 of 1989 and by the powers of our function we seek to reconfirm your payment details by your payment file of next of kin, lottery/contract payment update which is hereby sent to you by this notification.

We write to update you that your outstanding payment has been re-addressed and paid through a confirmable bank draft in your name due to the delay and inconveniences we have noticed in your past efforts to get your money from the bank. What you have to do now is to contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE with security keeping fee of your draft as soon as possible to know when they will deliver your package to you because of the expiring date written on the draft. For your information all government charges have been deducted from your principle amount before the issuing the bank draft. The only money you will need to pay to the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE to deliver your bank draft direct to your postal address in your country is ($175) been security keeping fee of the courier company only. Again don't be deceived by anybody to pay any other money except $175.
You have to contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your bank draft with this information below

Contact Person: Mr. James Mark
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone: +234-8033581685
REPLY TO THE FEDEX E-MAIL ONLY ON: [email protected]

Finally, make sure that you reconfirm your Postal address (and Direct Telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake on the Delivery and Ask them to give you the tracking number to enable you track your Package over there and know when it will get to your address. Let me Repeat again; try to contact them as soon as you receive this mail to avoid any further delay and remember to pay them their Security Keeping Fee of $175.00 US Dollars for their immediate action. You should also let me know through email as soon as you receive your Draft.

Yours Faithfully,
Dr. Ego Amaka, OFR

Last edited by RC45; 09-22-2008 at 10:37 PM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
styla21
Regular User

I've always laughed at that fact... Why would the "Royal bank of Nova Scotia" have a 'yahoo.co.hk' address? Still, their stupdity is on par with others unfortunate naivety.
I still scratch my head as to how people really fall for them though.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Mattk
Regular User

Yeah, their stupidity is negatived by the stupidity of the people who fall for the scams.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:25 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

My God... look at this one that just hit my HotMail... I cannot imagine anyone falls for this....

Hello,

With profound respect and humble submission, I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this mail which I know and believe by faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health. My name is Miss Grace John I am 23 years old. I'm from Ivory Coast in West Africa and presently, I am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal, as a result of the civil war in my country. I was a first year student of law at the university, before the incident that lead me into this situation of been in refugee camp in Dakar Senegal, I'm a very simple honest, respectful Caring, sincere and romantic girl.

My late father Dr. John Kewrell was the Managing Director of Rainbow Gold and Diamond Mine company, also a successful business man import and exporter of Cocoa during his life time. I am the only daughter of my parent. It is sad that the rebels attacked my house one early morning killing my mother and my father. Equally my mother was a senior lecturer at the university before her death. I don't have any relatives now whom I can go to, all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war. It is only me that is alive now because I am the only child to my parent, as I managed to make my way to near by country Senegal, where I am leaving now as a refugee. As a refugee here I don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.

I have my late father's statement of account and death certificate here with me, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount in question is USD$25 Million (TWENTY FIVE MILLION U.S DOLLARS). Already I have informed this bank about my intention to claim my late father's deposit. The bank told me to look for a foreign partner who will assist me in the transfer due to my refugee status here, as a refugee I am not allowed direct claim of the money but through an appointed representative as the United refugee law governing refugee all over the world states.

Now I want an honest and GOD fearing partner overseas who will assist me in transferring this money. I kept this secret to people in the camp here the only person that knows about it is me and you. So I will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convenient for me to return back home if I so desire.

This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care in any business of your choice since I'm still too young to manage it. I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions: 1. Can you honestly help me from your heart? 2. Can I completely trust you? 3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the fund has being transferred to your account and i come over to meet you?. Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immediately I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter. In the light of above I will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for I am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.

Kind Regards Grace.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #5
marcefer
Regular User

Ivory Coast beeing a french speaking country (Côte d'Ivoire), this "Miss Grace John" has a rather good English...
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #6
xbeakerx
Regular User

priceless...
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
Mattk
Regular User

At least it was a good story.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #8
silentm
Regular User

you actually can find the time to read your spam?
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #9
CarlZ
Regular User

ROFL...nothing more to say really.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
Mattk
Regular User

Ooh, check this out - it even touches on international politics:

Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire.
Dearest One,

This is a letter of appeal and business proposal, it might upset you because we have not had any previous discussion on this or we have not met before now.I am Madeline Zama, Zimbabwean national currently living as political refugee in Abidjan Ivory Coast.I am Miss Madeline Zama , the only daughter of Mr. David Zama, an Indigenous Zimbabwean commercial farmer from Shona tribe.

My mother was murdered in cold blood in 2001 by fellow Indigenous black Zimbabwean war veterans who invaded our farms/home and forcefully evicted us out of our properties with the support of President Robert Mugabe, because my father was not in support of his political Ideologies. After that I flee to South
Africa with my father.

President Robert Mugabe claims land like this has been confiscated to assist the resettlement of landless peasants, but the selection process is controlled by committees from the ruling Zanu-PF party and the main beneficiaries are party officials, "war veterans", and card-carrying members of the party, some of whom have no background in farming.

All appeal from International Communities like the European Union (EEC) Common Wealth of Nations, United Kingdom, USA and notable individuals around the globe to President Mugabe to consider us has failed. Over 500 white settlers and their families were affected and had fled the country. I am currently living as refugee in Ivory Coast with the missionaries.

My father, who has been close friend of former Ivory Coast Defence Minister Émile Boga Doudou has been used by him to do military supplies in the past. Émile Boga Doudou who brought us to Ivory Coast from Durban South Africa was murdered with all members of his family during the military uprising in Abidjan on the 19th of September 2002.

We were at church night vigil whenthe genocide occurred. So we remained in the Church and did not go back again. My father decided and established another farming business here and it was successful. Late last year, he was diagnosed of prostrate cancer; unfortunately he died last month,MAY HIS SOUL LAST IN PERFECT PEACE AMEN).

After the funeral, when am going through his files, I discovered that he deposited sum of Ten Million USA Dollars (US$10M) in a fix/suspense account with a bank in Abidjan, Ivory Coast . The bank deposit was done in my name, with strict instruction from my father that I must invest the money abroad in future.

Now that my father is dead and nothing left behind in Zimbabwe, I have no intention of going back there as my life is in danger.I therefore seek your assistance to help me receive the money in your account for purpose of investment/safe keeping. You will also help me to migrate to your country or any other place that will be safe for me. You should inform me what will be your percentage commission. I must make it clear that there is nothing to be afraid of because I have documents about the money.

Please give my request concrete consideration, as I do not desire to die here. Kindly send your responses to the above email addresses and remain blessed.

Yours,
Madeline Zama
Old 07-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #11
torrentjunkie
Regular User

I think there was an actual documentary on this...with some american news agency, can't remember if it was ABC or MSNBC or something...They actually met up with the Nigerian scammers in London, two different ones i think, and video recorded everything, gave one $500 in a hotel room and arranged to meet somewhere else.

Was funny as hell when they announced they knew it was a scam..I think the sacammer and the presenter were in a bar drinking beer and the presenter said "I mean, do I look stupid to you?" The scammer guy drank that beer so fast...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #12
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Still don't get it? The reason why they are so dumb is that they fell for the scam themselves and are now trying to make their money back.. which also explains why it is a never ending cycle.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
mts6800
Regular User

Default How stupid? Politically Speaking

Former congressman gets scammed:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/..._of_chels.html

Ok ok, I suppose the one about the congressman really isn't that surprising.

For more amusement go here and scroll down to Brad Christensen's "scamming the slammers" really funny:

http://www.quatloos.com/
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 AM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mts6800 View Post
Former congressman gets scammed:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/..._of_chels.html

Ok ok, I suppose the one about the congressman really isn't that surprising.

Surely that gent could not have been that fucking gullible? That news report has gotta be a Republican conspiracy - no-one could be stupid enough to fall for it ... no-one.. surely not anyone who can breath on their own at least.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
philip
Regular User

You can fight back. visit

http://www.419eater.com/

To find out what these guys did.

BTW some people who have been scammed have ended up going to Nigeria to recover their money and end up in jail. Not recommended as then it takes even more money to get out of Nigeria.