Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2005, 02:23 AM   #16
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by coloradosilver
DDs? Is that daily drivers?

I suppose it would be practicle if you life in California or Florida or something like that.

Buy if you've ever tried to drive a 350 + RWD car in anything more than a 1/2 inch of snow, you might change you mind. This car will not appeal as a Daily Driver anywhere that gets any substantial yearly snowfall.

I suppose that I'm bias here because I live in Colorado and also own a Corvette. I know that trying to drive that thing in the snow as a daily driver is not a brilliant idea. To me, a daily driver has AWD and usually less than 350 hp to be somewheat practical.

The RWD cars with highter HP #s out here are only out on the weekends and on really nice days.
i do live in socal and remember the pics ive taken of the F40? his daily driver right now is a Gallardo, and for a week it was the F40 while the 360 was in for repairs. He doesnt drive his RS6 that much anymore. In a place like Colorado id say the ultimate DD would be a 330Xi, G35Sedan X, or an S4 if you have to have the power, or a E500 4Matic.
Every car you just suggested are perfect for the weather here. My father drives a 2001 E430 4matic for his daily and loves it.

The guy you're talking about that has an F40 and uses his Gallardo for his daily....Well, all I can say about that is that if I has his kind of money, I suppose I wouldn't worry about fuel efficiency or wear and tear either.

However, for the average Joe that just needs a decent daiy ride, things need to fall a little more on the side of practicality. Driving a Lamborghini to work everyday would be nice if you could afford it, but it just isn't anywhere near being realistic for the majority of people.

I'd love yo have your friend's RS6 though! Thats a damn nice ride.

I used to live in Brea in Socal for 8 years. The weather is much more permitting for fun cars out there. Not to mention that the quality of the roads here in Colorado are just about the worst you'll find anywhere.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote