Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 02:29 AM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Blue Oyster Cult: Agents of Fortune

Talk about a band that makes no sense? That would be Blue Oyster Cult.

Most songs have lyrics that at least make some kind of sense together, however BOC has a slightly different approach. They let you decide what the song is about.

Yes, this is the band that satarized in the SNL Cowbell skit iwth Christopher Walken playing Bruce Dickinson. And the song they were trying to record was (Don't Fear) The Reaper which is on this album.

If you don't like classic rock, then you probably won't like this band. Back in the days when amplifiers were still tube state and distortion pedals were unheard of on stage. Probably sounds like anyother 70's band really, but their lyrics are really what set them apart from the others.

I think some of the songs may have lost a little character in their transition from vinyl to plastic however. i'm sure this album sounds great through a needle

I don't think i could listen to it more than 3 times in a row though since their riffs tend to easily get stuck in my head. (as of now don't fear the reaper and astronomy are both playing in my head) . But its a great album for just sittin around relaxin 8)

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote