Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
Anybody that would buy one of these over a 911 or Ferrari needs their head read.....crazy people
PLZ tell that to RC...PLEASE???
Why?

What's the point of comparing the watered down, generic, hair-dresser C6 to the 911 or the 360? Wait - I know - image is seemingly very important to everyone.

The reason someone would buy a $50KC6 Coupe instead of a $70K Carrera or a $190K Ferrari is probably because they are not rich like you snobs (real or imagined) - or they just didn't feel the need to blow their whole wad on a go-fast toy.

There are however a number of people who have both a 911TT or F360CS and a C5 Z06 in a garage. The same will be true with the C6 Z06.

The reason that there is a way to get the same performance as th 911TT and F360CS without having to be a extremely wealthy.

If YOU are wealthy and can buy what you want - more power to you. If you are not wealthy but force yourself to NOT purchase the Z06 because it is not snobby enough for you - your loss - remeber there are still folks who will enjoy both.

Oh yea thats right - this "in depth" was about the hairdresser car that EVERYONE knows is a bland, poofta mobile - much like the base Carrera.

Originally Posted by TT
Also, forgot to say that there were weird noises coming from basically everywhere inside the cabin.. squealing, rattling... and the car doesn't have 100'000 km :bah:
Was it an abused rental car?

I have 100,000km+ on my C5 Z06 and I don't here weird nosies - even when I beat the crap out of it.

Comparing a rental car to a owner car is not realy fair. I remember reading about some folks who rented a Carrera and when to the Nurburgring.

The car was utter used up crap, loose, rattling, squeaking and a bad overall advert for Porsche - the same would be true of any rental.

Originally Posted by TT
You still have a "endless US highway" feeling when you slot it into 6th and you cruise at around 130 km/h and 1800 rpm :shock: but despite 6 liters and 8 cylinders, when you floor it in 6th, nothing happens LOL. Almost nothing at least.
Well - as pointed uot - it is supposed to react that way - 6th gear lets you cruise long distance using almost no fuel.

How many times does it have to be pointed out that 6th gear is a purpose designed tall cruise ratio.

Now that you have tried a boring hairdresser car, let's get a Swiss C5 Z06 owner to give you go - and then hope a C6 Z06 car would come your way.

Your opinion will change drastically Because you will then realize that the hairdresser coupe is sold to keep the production lines rolling long enough to produce Z06's for people who want a loud, brash, fast and serious super sports car.

If posing and cruising and image are your goals, go buy a girly car like an SLK.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote