Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
Banchi105
Regular User

Default My first 'Fun' car -- 6spd Nissan Maxima

I purchased this car a little over a month ago now. I got a pretty good price on it from a guy who took absolutely perfect care of it. He even drove it with the car mats upside down as not to dirty them!

Anyways, its a 2002 Nissan Maxima. It has 50k miles even and a 100k mile extended warranty. (This was a major point for me considering the experience with my last vehicle.)

The color is Sterling Mist. It has Xenon headlights and the VQ35 in it. For those that don't recognize it -- this is the engine Nissan puts in everything from the 350z, G35, and the Altima. In the Maxima's tune it makes 255bhp. I also have the 6spd Manual in my car. (The other main point I was looking for.)

The car is an absolute blast to drive and, though, I understand that it is still a large 4-door it is the sportiest car I've yet to own and thoroughly enjoy it.

Performance wise it runs to 60mph around 6.0 seconds (torque-steer aplenty ) and does the quarter in mid to lower 14's. It will top out a little shy of 150mph.

I consistently get around 24-25mpg with extremes of 21.8mpg and 28.5mpg.

I've already put about 4k miles on her as I do somewhere over 3k miles a month.

As far as modifications go I don't plan on doing too much. I really would like to get the windows tinted and get a Tein suspension setup, but other than that my money is all going towards the financing.

These pictures aren't very good, but they give you the idea:

The original autotrader ad as well as a quick photoshop I did:

A couple pics I took with my CellPhone.

Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote