Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Feb 02: Audi TT 3.2 V6 DSG indepth

And here is another indepth.. a "down to earth" car we could say after its cousin the mightly B7 RS4, but what a nice one anyway.
As the old members around here will know, my nickname IS NOT related to the Audi TT. I actually didn't like it at first, but with time passing it is becoming more and more sexy IMO.. mature and classy. It's nice to look at it, and it's sportier version is a good way to wave it goodbye now that the new model is "close". This car was equipped with several options and most important, the interesting DSG tranny. Also interesting the rare bordeaux for the exterior, matched by that beige leather interior. Very elegant!
So, this was another passenger only experience, but I start to become an expert in reviewing cars from the right seat . Well, first of all, the soundtrack is so much better than the 1.8T versions. I was in a couple of 180 and 225 TT and well, the sound although not terrible, is not really inspiring. this V6 is very "german", running like a swiss clock, and gently reaching the cabin without beeing too loud. It is a pleasentfull soundtrack, maybe a bit too predictable and "pure V6", but very fine nonethless. The engine pulls strong, from any revs and that DSG is indeed as good as you read. VERY smooth and blistering quick! Really difficult not to check that option after having tested it I fear
Without beeing impressive or scary, the TT V6 was a nice experience and the quattro system proved to be a good friend on slightly damp roads, providing amazing grip out of corners!

I know it's not the kind of car everybody is hoping to take in picture, but the inpdepths features are what I prefer since I started doing them and I jump on everything (well, almost ).

And I was actually kinda happy with the pics. We found a couple of interesting locations and light conditions were so different and always cool

Enjoy, and you can reach the 33 high-res pics by clicking the previews below