Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #31
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The point is that the slim PS2 did not show up in 2000 when the PS2 was only a year old.

To release an XB360 now with extra connectors and upgraded components that are substantially better than the current model clearly shows M$ has no idea how to manage and make money from the "console market".

The console consumer (and there are many more millions of them than PC consumers) is NOT interested in buying a new box every year from the same vendor.

Period.

The argument FOR a console is that it is a simgle platform that is good enouhg to remain constant for 4 or more years - not somethign to be replaced every year.

M$ will alienate millions of potentail repeat customers if they fuck us all over wit a "better" model and no way to add the same connectors to the existing boxes.

Hard drive size is a moot point at this time as the PS3 is self-upgradable, not so with the XB360.
What you said is 100% true(as usual)
But what really has me worried is what if Sony loses almost all of their Exclusives? I mean I have heard like 5+ exclusive titles for the PS3 that will be coming to the 360 now. This would kill Sony. Also that another reason why I think the PS3 is not doing too well rite now because the lack of games and not many developers are wanting to push the hardware on the PS3. For example EA recently said that they were barely using 20% of the PS3's power! Thats just crazy. Hopefully we get more dedicated developers like Pholyphany Digital that use the PS3 to a good limit. Currently rurmors are that GT5 will only use 40-50% of total PS3 power.