Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2007, 02:43 AM   #1
dingo
Regular User

Default 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 MR

Finally found some time to start this topic, picked the car up my Jap-spec Evo 8 MR on Thursday night. Not officially sold here, the previous owner importing it from Japan himself and getting it complied.

I haven't given it a proper thrashing on backroads yet (Easter weekend means huge fines if caught) but its already evident how much of a step up over the WRX (even a modded one) this is.

A few points:

1. The Recaro seats are just sensational!! I'm in love!
2. Brembo brakes are huge and a big improvement over the Subi 4-pots.
3. Steering is very light and direct.
4. The 6-speed is stunning, very easy to use and has a great feel. The clutch takes some getting used too and heel-and-toeing isn't as easy as in the WRX.
5. HIDs are nice, work well.
6. Great acceleration for a stock car, I reckon it would be pretty even with my WRX given the ratios. Sounds slower though. Despite having a FMIC there is alot less lag (kicks in between 3000-3500), the twin-scroll TD05 turbo helping in this case.
7. Sensational handling, not too hard to get the tail a little light and pretty much no understeer.
8. Hard to see the front of the car since its so short and hard to see out the back with the big cf wing.
9. NEEDS LOWERING ASAP!!!! Too high.

That'll be the first thing I do next week, get some Whiteline Control lowering springs (35mm drop).

Then it'll be a Tomei and Trust exhaust and an ECU retune, which will really get the thing going - will already be quicker than the Rex by that stage.

So all in all I'm in love already and looking forward to the journey of modifying this thing into a beast.

Some quick pics, will take more as I progress.

Custom shot, keys/manual on bonnet

Last edited by TT; 02-07-2008 at 07:04 AM.
dingo is offline   Reply With Quote