Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Default Advance Networking Help Needed

Hello MW users.
I have a question that is really messing me up with an upgrade I am doing.

Simple question. I need to make it to the point where whoever logs onto my network with either Wireless or a Wired connection goes to a certain web page when they open up their Internet Explorer or Firefox browser. Ex. If I connect to my password protected wireless network through a wireless access point I want to be redirected to a certain web page I have created and then from there the user must read the Terms and Conditions and then agree to them and click accept and then the user can use the internet as they wish.

Sounds simple but I'm just lost! I am assuming you need to do this VIA external Hardware connected to the switch and modem???

Also my setup is a Commercial Grade Comcast based Cable Modem. I have currently (3) 48 port switches which connect to a bunch of patch panels. Also from the switchs I will be connecting about 6-7 wireless Access Points.
Please let me know if anyone needs more infomation to help me out, and this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys.

*EDIT*
I forgot to mention, I spoke to one of my Tech Engineer friend I know of that works for the County and he suggested I use a Proxy Server. Do you guys think this will be a good idea or is there another way of doing this? I want to try out other ways out as well, but whichever is easier.

Last edited by Pimp Racer; 01-31-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Pimp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote