Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
geekdiggy
Regular User

Default will anyone ever do it?

i'm sure back in the 50's or whatever, everyone was asking if there would every by anyone who would take out fangio's record of 5 championships, and come a few decades later there goes schumacher throwing fangio's record to the birds. and now i can't help but wonder if/when there will ever be anyone to do the same to schumacher. so will we have to wait another half century or so to see someone win it 6 times let alone 7? if the season progresses as it has been, perhaps michael will win a 7th championship? in that case will we have to wait another half cetury or so to see someone win it 7 times let alone 8?

either way, will there ever be another fangio or schumacher?

i can't help but wonder

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
akumapc
Regular User

That's a tough question, all I know is that there are many drivers who hope to atleast beat schumacher while he is still racing otherwise they will always be viewed as only winning while he was gone. Currently... That isn't happening It takes soo many things to all happen to become world champion. Having a good team, having a damn good car, having the best race strategy, and perhaps a little luck goes a long way. It's very rare to see any driver win so much in any sport, and I think we are watching a legend unfold that may never be passed!

Unless you are Montoya who thinks Schumacher is just another driver in another car..
Old 03-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
mrzonda
Regular User

I never thought Schumacher would break Senna's pole record. He's not there yet, but by the looks of things, he could be there by the end of the summer.
mrzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I dont beleave that someone will beat that record...well no one beleaved that anyone is going to brake Fangios record either so...

It is really hard to say. I just think no other driver has the passion and the drive to race like Micheal. There is no argument that Shcumaher now races for the love of the sport. He already has enough money for his grandchildren to retire when they are 16. So its all about the love from now on.

There are to many drivers which retired because they said it was enough for them...they did not feel the rush of racing anymore this that blah blah blah...

And Schumaher is one of the few who live racing and have petrol running through their veins.

In conclusion I dont think anyone will beat the record...and it looks like its going to be 7th Championship for Schumi.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:21 AM   #5
stracing
Regular User

yea its a tough question
but right now i'm just soaking it all up watching schumacher's driving skills. like you said we may have to wait another half a century to see the record broken. i could be dead by then so i might as well take it all in now and enjoy it while it lasts.
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:14 AM   #6
bmwfreak
Regular User

There will come a time when Schumi's record will be broken. After all, records are MEANT to be broken.

PLanet-F1 claim that if Senna hadnt died, he would;ve made it to seven world titles.Considering that in the aftermath of his death, had he won the next four titles, he would've beaten out Schumi (twice), Damon Hill, and Jacques Villeneuve.

The Williams car of this era was as all-conquering and dominant as the Ferrari is of the past four seasons. It is useless to speculate about this of course. If only?

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:56 AM   #7
geekdiggy
Regular User

let's not start comparing then to now, or now to the future, cuz it's useless and noone will EVER know. i just can't help but wonder if anybody's ever gonna give anyone a car that'll ever be as dominant as the ferrari is these days, or if there will ever be a driver who can harness such a horse

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote