Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 04-10-2004, 08:49 PM   #1
oscargarza88
Regular User

Default where i lived (Monterrey) *lots of pics*

a lot of people started to make threads like this one so i decided i should also do one.
these pics r form monterrey, it were i was born and where i lived most of my life in, its not a very turistic place but if u live there its great, thers everything u need there and the people r great!(and the girls r hot!)
hers a little explanation i found just so u know a little about it
"Monterrey is ~180 miles south of McAllen, Texas. It is Mexico's commercial and industrial jewel. It is also perhaps the most Americanized of Mexico's large cities. It boasts about 4 million inhabitants in a largely urban setting surrounded by beautiful mountains."
there go the pics:
this one is almost exactly as the view i had from my house, if u follow a concrete wall in the bottom left up and up i think my hpuse would b there

this is a mountain which monterrey is known for, its called "el cerro de la silla" which kinda means the mountain of the chair meaning the horse chair because it kinda looks like one

heres another one in the night time, and that is the old part of monterrey, kinda like a downtown, but its not like in the us that all the building r in the downtown, here all the building r kinda in the outside.

heres another pic of the view i had from my window

heres an aerial pic of monterrey,isnt it just cool?!

this is a pic od the champ cars track, with some mountains behind

this is a not so nice pic of monterrey, unfortunetly most monterrey is medium to low class but thank god im in a better posotion wjere i didnt live in those kinda places in this pic and in a much much more calm place, still very near there but in a different division

hers a amsll but good pic of a part of the racetrack

next is i think to the best place to go if u r a turist, becausethere r walls of rock all around u than r extremely high, impressive!

this is where my house was, in the not soo botton right corner

and thers also chipinque which is almost next to my house, u go hiking up the mountains and u can see the whole city, but is sux sometmes becaus e u can see al the smoke from the city, but most of the time its very cool
this are the only pics i could find from chipinque

here there r lots of vids of chipinque, i recomend u take a look! seriously its very cool to go hike and relax.
http://www.chipinque.org.mx/webchipinque/video.htm

thankjs, i hope u like it
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

wtf not even 1 reply?! :x
Old 04-11-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

Here I am I missed this topic in the SQL mess up

Thanks for sharing with us to bad you didn't post "personal" pics, but again, it's always nice to see places I never saw and I loves the emplacement of Monterrey! That racetrack with the mountains in the background is suggestive!
Old 04-11-2004, 01:16 PM   #4
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Cool city. From those over head shots it looks very "middle east". Those mountains look great. They remind me of the Vancover pics I saw in the other thread.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
oscargarza88
Regular User

thanks tt, ur the only onw i can count on...

and here r more pics of the race track, and the most amazing thing about it is that it has a old old metal factory in the middle of the track,, which is a historical factory, where alot of people died on accidents ans my grand grand parents worked there, ill try to find some good pics

and hers a good view of chipinque in the background

heres one of the track, u can barely see part of the factory storage

heres a very good, pic, u can see the track the mountain and part of the factory, too bad its small

this is the factory

and to finish heres a night shot

oh and SFDMALEX
Old 04-11-2004, 02:02 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

The night shots are always very nice to look at, and this one is no exception
Old 04-11-2004, 02:07 PM   #7
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
The night shots are always very nice to look at, and this one is no exception
i know
and man i cant belive i never took pictures out of my window because i had THE view... everyone that went was amaez, ill look 4 some, and if i find some more ill post them