Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-23-2004, 08:04 PM   #16
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by mit5005
Originally Posted by 7.3 AMG
Hmm, i agree. Porsche probably does make better engine then BMW. But BMW makes excellent cars as well. I'd personally rather have a M3 CSL then a GT3.
Man are you crazy? I would take a GT3 over a CSL anyday. Porsche engineering is unmatched and the 911 is a much better performing car. Don't get me wrong, the CSL is amazing in its own right but I don't know if it can be compared to a GT3.
I'm not crazy I agree, the Porsche does have unmatched Engineering and preforms better. But people, like Top Gear compare the two against each other. As stripped-out, light-weight cars. On Top Gear's track the CSL was a seconds slower then the GT3. Which is amazing because of it's slick like tryes that were used in that lap time. It was cold and a bit wet. BMW says the tryes don't work in either. Hey, 15,000 pounds cheaper and a seconds slower.. good enough for me. The GT3 is an amazing engine, looks great too. But i love the CSL's engine/exhaust note and it's timeless styling. It's a delicious car!

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:19 PM   #17
mit5005
Regular User

Well if the CSL is as good as my good friend's regular E46 M3, then it must be an amazing car. The fact is that it would be a dream to own one. I drove the M3 but I have never driven a GT3 before. Very good times.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote