Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #31
jon_s
Regular User

Yep, it is back up and running!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #32
suqish76
Regular User

this has hit me in a big way (so to speak)
my grandmother died from cancer and now my father has just been diagnosed with a tumour.
i will join asap
suqish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:23 PM   #33
Zonda11
Regular User

Originally Posted by suqish76
this has hit me in a big way (so to speak)
my grandmother died from cancer and now my father has just been diagnosed with a tumour.
i will join asap
Sorry to hear that....2 of my grandparents died from Cancer and my mother had it just over a year ago, but has had treatment and is ok.

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:36 PM   #34
jon_s
Regular User

Ahhhhhh Zonda! I have discovered your secret! I was looking at the stats, getting confused at the average hours per day! You have something like 1day,10hrs,30mins,28sec lol.........how is that possible I thought! Ahhhh you have 3 devices! Doh!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:12 PM   #35
Zonda11
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Ahhhhhh Zonda! I have discovered your secret! I was looking at the stats, getting confused at the average hours per day! You have something like 1day,10hrs,30mins,28sec lol.........how is that possible I thought! Ahhhh you have 3 devices! Doh!
LOL...surprised it took you so long....ya i'm doubleing your hours....but 2 of them are not that wonderful..... i am buying a fast laptop in a few months....so watch out.

I would like this much better if i had 10 3.4GHz PCs

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:30 PM   #36
Anonymous

Seems to run quite slowly on my 2.8ghz laptop, and it gets stuck on the indication of % done, i might have to reinstall?
Old 05-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #37
midax
Regular User

absolutely not! The time depends by the complexity of the protein you are simulating. It may take several hours to calculate only one ligand.
Click the second button on the main program (application) and watch the progress of the ligands (usually 20). Every time you finish a ligand the % will increase of 4 or 5 points a time.
midax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:03 PM   #38
Anonymous

Originally Posted by midax
absolutely not! The time depends by the complexity of the protein you are simulating. It may take several hours to calculate only one ligand.
Click the second button on the main program (application) and watch the progress of the ligands (usually 20). Every time you finish a ligand the % will increase of 4 or 5 points a time.
Thing is it did the same the first time i did it then suddenly jumped like to 90% perhaps its just not updating properly, i'll se how it goes in the next few days
Old 05-17-2004, 05:32 PM   #39
midax
Regular User

Damn.. I forgot to say that when you install for the first time this program it is configured to run both:
1) United Devices Cancer Research Project, Phase II
2) PatriotGrid running the Smallpox Research Grid Project

And if you want to run only the research against the cancer you have to disable the second option from you member profile.

What you're saying means that you're currently run the Smallpox Research.

To be sure of what you're running you should see how many ligands you have to calculate. If they're 20, you're right and running the cancer research. If they're 110, 200, or more, you're running the other project.

So, be sure to deselect the second option
midax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:06 PM   #40
Anonymous

Originally Posted by midax
Damn.. I forgot to say that when you install for the first time this program it is configured to run both:
1) United Devices Cancer Research Project, Phase II
2) PatriotGrid running the Smallpox Research Grid Project

And if you want to run only the research against the cancer you have to disable the second option from you member profile.

What you're saying means that you're currently run the Smallpox Research.

To be sure of what you're running you should see how many ligands you have to calculate. If they're 20, you're right and running the cancer research. If they're 110, 200, or more, you're running the other project.

So, be sure to deselect the second option
Yeah did that when i first registered, i'll leave my comp on tonight with nothing much running see if it works ok then