Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default American GP, will i go?June 20th

this year is the first oppertunity i have ever had to attempt to see a Formula 1 race in person, i think i should know by the end of the day if im going or not. tickets are steep just below, and at 100$ plus travel expenses, which is on the difficult side for me to muster up right now.

http://www.fia.com/sport/Championshi.../USA/2004.html
https://imstix.brickyard.com/inettix...Ticketing.aspx

im going to be heading out to the local Ferrari dealership, and see if there is an oppertunity to get into the pits; but i think that is less likely to happen.

i think it would be a great experience to see some of the cars i love so much im person finally
any other JW friendly's going?
Old 06-14-2004, 10:24 PM   #2
Caps8419
Regular User

i think if you show up like friday during practice and qualifying (saturday) you can walk around anywhere and have an oportunity to see the cars and pits.... but im not sure and cant remember where i saw that.... anyone else know?

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Caps8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:42 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

well, i put in for the time off at work, and hopefully sunday works out. otherwise, saturday may end up being the only day i go; wich wouldnt let down either. im definately bringing a camera... if i do get sunday off, then im likely to only go sunday, as the cost is quite high :roll:

unfortunately, the 'local' ferrari dealership doesnt have pit passes, even for its employees. thats ok tho
Old 06-15-2004, 12:13 AM   #4
Caps8419
Regular User

i can only go for race day... how far if brighton from indy? im from chicago so we give distance in time not miles! so give me a time estimate otherwise i have no clue, lol!. its really worth it to go for the entire weekend if you can... during qualifying you can walk anywhere, see any turn etc... hope you make it there!!!

go ferrari!

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Old 06-15-2004, 12:17 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Indy is about 6 hours from Brighton... give or take.

im thinking about getting a ticket for J section good view of the fast turns, and after the long straight... as long as im not too close to the track

when i know for sure, perhaps we can meet up while there
Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 AM   #6
Apac102
Regular User

No...Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you wanna walk around in the pits Im pretty sure it is going to happen Thursday, and Im definitely going to that! Supposedly you have to go early in the morning. I AM STOKED!
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:54 AM   #7
Caps8419
Regular User

cool apac,
thanks for correcting me, i wasnt sure.... yea i hear J and H are good sections