Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 06-14-2004, 02:00 PM   #1
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Default Trip to the U.S.

I'm back from the good ol' USA. It looks like you bastards have been postwhoring:

It started out as a nice day for a drive:

Took the bridge out of Windsor, into Detroit:

Detroit roads were not very smooth:

Downtown Chicago...and a Boxster:

Downtown Chicago....those were apparently clouds,not smog.

Infitiny FX45....I was trying to shoot the nice fountain.

Buffalos in Winsconsin:

The Campus at Carleton College (at graduation...my sister got Sumna Cum Laudae):

Cadillac XLR:

Got wheels?

A nice Lexus:

Saaaaayyy....is that the new Corvette?

Let's have a closer look Looks new from the back....

...but what about the front?

Verdict? Up to you.

Overall, the trip was nice. I drove a total of 2950 km and enjoyed it.

My oppinion of the U.S. so far? Not bad, but definitely not nicer than Canada. Still, most people were not assholes, and definitely not the stereotypical rednecks or assholes you see in the movies.

How was your weekend?
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Thanks for the pics always nice to see some highway sightings but next time at least rotate the ones that need it
Old 06-14-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
T-Bird
Regular User

nice trip and yes that's the weather in Chicago a good amount of the time but definitely not Smog. where did you see the XLR? the area looks familiar
Also if memory serves me correctly that shot where you say the roads in Detroit aren't very smooth looks a lot like Chicago the one Mercedes even has Illinois plates.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
oscargarza88
Regular User

that sound like a fun trip...
and i dint know they were selling the corvette now...
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:29 PM   #5
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
nice trip and yes that's the weather in Chicago a good amount of the time but definitely not Smog. where did you see the XLR? the area looks familiar
Also if memory serves me correctly that shot where you say the roads in Detroit aren't very smooth looks a lot like Chicago the one Mercedes even has Illinois plates.
I'm pretty sure it was in Detroit...but I could be wrong. Both Chicago and Detroit roads were pretty bad, with lots of potholes (especially in Detroit) and even more traffic.

I saw the XLR this morning, at the outskirds of Detroit....somewhere between Ann Arbor and Detroit. I saw the Vette in the same place. I also saw a CTS-V...but I can't find the pic right now.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:34 PM   #6
T-Bird
Regular User

Very nice I'd love to see that CTS-V aswell. That must have been one long ass trip from Canada to Chicago (you stayed the night there right?) non-stop Longest I've ever gone non-stop was 700 miles to New York
Old 06-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Nice pics.

Everytime I see the C6 in on-road pictures I like it's shape and presence less and less.

For sure the next Vette I get will be a 1969 C3...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:10 PM   #8
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Originally Posted by T-Bird
I'm pretty sure it was in Detroit...but I could be wrong. Both Chicago and Detroit roads were pretty bad, with lots of potholes (especially in Detroit) and even more traffic.

I saw the XLR this morning, at the outskirds of Detroit....somewhere between Ann Arbor and Detroit. I saw the Vette in the same place. I also saw a CTS-V...but I can't find the pic right now.
I'm 100% sure that that shot is in Chicago...Detroit does not have an Elevated Train system that runs throughout the city, and Chicago does (the EL)...the only public transportation that Detroit has in that manner is a Monorail that runs in small circles in Downtown but not anywhere near the suburbs.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #9
T-Bird
Regular User

I thought so it's the train that goes to O'Hare airport
Old 06-14-2004, 05:31 PM   #10
Drive4Ever
Regular User

u should come to AZ if u have a chance, the road here are so smooth, after they done all the highways and street. they are so nice what AZ did was, we take all the old tires and grind them up and mix it w/ asphalt and put it on street and what do u get w/ these type of roads?

1. Rubber shrinks and expands depending on the weather, but instead mixing rocks and sand, we mix rubber so the roads dont crack, since they can expand and shrink
2. rubber on rubber gives u more traction and really really quiet while driving
3. no more old tires. we use them all
Drive4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:56 PM   #11
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Nice pics.

Everytime I see the C6 in on-road pictures I like it's shape and presence less and less.

For sure the next Vette I get will be a 1969 C3...

I love the early 70's Stingrays. Indeed, the C6 didn't have the road presence of a C5 (Z06). It seemed smaller and nimbler...like an Elise (exageration, of course).
Old 06-15-2004, 04:20 AM   #12
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

nice pics..I love chicago...I went to indianapolis for the indy 500..and then went to chicago just for fun...it was great...we had garage passes for the 500..it was great..I got to meet tony kanaan...and I got mario andretti's autograph..it was great
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:01 PM   #13
Jabba
Regular User

Interesting photos...thanks for posting them 8)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote