Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-18-2004, 12:31 AM   #31
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by SCarrier11
i find it funny how some of you think these movies are jabbas. they're not! they're illegal, they all are. i dont care who ripped them. it's the internet, they will be spread, get over it. and the hypocrisy that JW can share to it's members but not outside JW itself? i could see if JW was some sort of payment subscription where it was legal to watch these movies, but common JW is illegally distributing movies, and to say that members shouldn’t do the same is just being a hypocrite.

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:52 AM   #32
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i find it funny how some of you think these movies are jabbas. they're not! they're illegal, they all are. i dont care who ripped them. it's the internet, they will be spread, get over it. and the hypocrisy that JW can share to it's members but not outside JW itself? i could see if JW was some sort of payment subscription where it was legal to watch these movies, but common JW is illegally distributing movies, and to say that members shouldn’t do the same is just being a hypocrite.
UP YOURS!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 05:17 AM   #33
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by SCarrier11
OK lets say that you make a VHS recording of a TV show that you are going to let a couple of friends borrow (which is illegal of course)

Then a stranger walks into your house and grabs the VHS tape from you and tells you that you cannot stop him or even complain as the show you recorded doesn't belong to you. However if your friends want to see the show then they can come over to his house and watch it instead....although they might have to wait outside for a few hours before they can see it... or of course pay a fee and watch it right away.

Kinda makes you wish that you didn't record the show in the first place...not only did you loose your VHS (or bandwidth) but the person that takes it from you then turns around and starts telling you who you should and shouldnt be showing videos to in the future.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:36 AM   #34
TT
Regular User

But sadly ppl always think the net is not like real life because on the net EVERYTHING should be free, nobody can pretend to keep something "private" on it... the whole concept of "friendship" is also a bit complicated to explain to the average p2p user :roll:
Old 06-18-2004, 06:23 AM   #35
tanelvali
Regular User

Another problem is that when JW vids get too much publicity then authorities will see JW logo on the corner of the videos... not too hard to put 2 and 2 together... Sharing JW vids may cause some seious trouble to JW and to Jabba, and when this happens noone will never get to see any more new videos.. and I do believe that this is the last thing that we want to happen, isn't it??
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote