Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 09-03-2003, 03:39 AM   #16
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Originally Posted by f0racer
I never knew that Hennesy did other cars?!? The only Hennesy cars I've heard of are the Vipers. There was an article in 1998 R&T or C&D "Fastest Street Legal Car in America", the Hennesy Venom 600 GTS clocked 205.4MPH. Unfortunately it failed the emissions test, thus making it illegal.
i have seen skylines been clocked at that speed in tokyo highways.
Hennesy has nothing on companys like JUN
Just because it did that speed on a track doesn't mean it can't do it on a highway.
The 600 is his little package, they have a twin turbo package that makes over 1000bhp.
I think Stryker is cooler though. They had a 1400bhp package!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:07 PM   #17
tkach
Regular User

Hennessey really isnt all that. look at their packages its all the same basic thing. imo anybody could slap a pair of turbos the size of small children on any car and make it quick. if hennesy had true skill they would build motors up just not try to turbo everything.
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:54 PM   #18
robruf
Regular User

In the new Car and Driver there is an article about the new Hennessey Viper Venom 600, and they said that yes Hennessey had problems with taking customers money and then not delivering their cars in a reasonable amount of time. But Hennessey has downsized his operation and everything is better. C&D said" Every one of his cars that we've independently tested has run ferociously strong and without failure." This is alot more than what could be said for many other tuners.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 10:00 PM   #19
666fast
Regular User

Hennessey had problems with taking customers money and then not delivering their cars in a reasonable amount of time.
That wasn't all he was doing. He sold parts off of customers cars and even used them for his little experiments.