Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-23-2004, 09:39 PM   #16
X-ale
Regular User

^^WTF your 18... when the hell did 18 start being remotly close to old?? Your not even a man boy, remember ya barely out of puberty?! If this was an attempt at sarcasm, you need some serious counceling. Ah and STFU...
X-ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:08 PM   #17
SlickDizzy
Regular User

Woohoo, I'm probably too young to talk about this.

In pretty much every instance I've seen though, older cars look a lot better than new ones. I'm a sucker for the lines of cars like the Datsun 240Z and Fiat 128 Spider. There's also the timeless designs of cars like the Fiat/Ferarri Dino, and the 250 GTO, and the Lamborghini Miura and the like...

...there's just so many, it's hard to pick one that I like the most
Old 06-23-2004, 11:39 PM   #18
AlienDB7
Regular User

Like TT said, the regulations are killing the new cars' design. On top of that, when you have engineers and bean counters involved in the design of the car, you have problem!

Usually this trend applies to average mass production cars with the supercars a bit of an exception.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:48 PM   #19
PATo355
Regular User

Well i think there are a lot of gorgeous cars today , what i dont like is the new generation of hatchbacks , they look JUST like scaled down Vans , they look hideous

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:18 AM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well cars are different. But old cars were the most beautiful things ever.

Look at this.

The GTO

The Miura

The 550

These cars are beautiful. But things change and todays cars are simply different.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:19 AM   #21
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by X-ale
^^WTF your 18... when the hell did 18 start being remotly close to old?? Your not even a man boy, remember ya barely out of puberty?! If this was an attempt at sarcasm, you need some serious counceling. Ah and STFU...
You made it sound as if its illegal to be 18. Relax!
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 06:13 AM   #22
bobafett
Regular User

TT: I *love* the muira. A friend of mine has an SV...dios mio! That thing is bloody GORGEOUS!

Did you know that when the Muira was built (and Lamborghini, as usual, had no quality control and was dirt poor), they ended up with 5 reverse gears and one forward. How did they fix it? The engine runs COUNTER clock-wise! Yup. I'm serious!

But those Muira....waaaah beautiful! Honestly, that car is PAINFULLY sexy. Get it in a deep dark blue....like the ex shah of iran car (now in John H.'s hands in New Orleans).

--Dan
Old 06-24-2004, 06:18 AM   #23
TT
Regular User

I will probably faint in front of a dark blue Miura SV
Old 06-24-2004, 06:56 AM   #24
Sm@ck
Regular User

you pay what you get for.

Nearly all those cars mentioned are luxury sports cars of the past, and most of you are comparing them to today´s luxury Sedans.

My point is I find todays selection and choices of cars better than what was available in the past.

you want crazy, buy TVR
you want elegance and style buy Spyker, or Wiesmann.

As beautiful as a Miura is from the outside. From the inside cars of the past are ugly, uncomfortable, and the build quality is far worse than today.
thats my 2 cents
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote