Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-26-2004, 01:17 AM   #76
ahmedgiyab
Regular User

For the new M5 the new E60 AMG is on the way......
Old 06-26-2004, 01:35 AM   #77
bmagni
Regular User

hmmm intresting argues...

i think BMW makes lot better performance cars than MB, SPEEDKILLAR says if MB would want to make a better N/A engine they would make it, and better performing car theyd do... so why dont they do ?? cause their costumers say so... ok. maybe right... their market is to people that want fancy cars. MB is one of the best positioned brands in fancy cars market in the world, but u have to attack various markets as BMW does, not just the luxury market but the sports luxury... money is money, so mercedes is affraid/cant reach that market cause theyre not that competitive...and they way i think is "facta non verba", they have to prove thay can, other wise i still dont believe they can... i fact not even the supercharged engines are better than the N/A engines from BMW...
about the manual/auto issue... theres market for both...
also tech is taken from F1 (in case u didnt know) the MB engines arent doing so good and what about the BMW ??? theyre not doing uber good but at least better than MB, and please dont blame McLaren !!!

SPEEDKILLAR wrote:

An AMG takes corners better than the M models
merc c32 amg 200 m skidpad 0.86g
bmw m3 200 m skidpad 0.91 g
sigificant difference: 0.02 g
so this is a .05 g difference

"facta non verba"
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:16 AM   #78
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
hmmm intresting argues...

i think BMW makes lot better performance cars than MB, SPEEDKILLAR says if MB would want to make a better N/A engine they would make it, and better performing car theyd do... so why dont they do ?? cause their costumers say so... ok. maybe right... their market is to people that want fancy cars. MB is one of the best positioned brands in fancy cars market in the world, but u have to attack various markets as BMW does, not just the luxury market but the sports luxury... money is money, so mercedes is affraid/cant reach that market cause theyre not that competitive...and they way i think is "facta non verba", they have to prove thay can, other wise i still dont believe they can... i fact not even the supercharged engines are better than the N/A engines from BMW...
about the manual/auto issue... theres market for both...
also tech is taken from F1 (in case u didnt know) the MB engines arent doing so good and what about the BMW ??? theyre not doing uber good but at least better than MB, and please dont blame McLaren !!!

SPEEDKILLAR wrote:

An AMG takes corners better than the M models
merc c32 amg 200 m skidpad 0.86g
bmw m3 200 m skidpad 0.91 g
sigificant difference: 0.02 g
so this is a .05 g difference

"facta non verba"

I agree with some of the things you said, but my point is, they have DIFFERENT strategies.

I also find it very akward, that nobody compares MB vs Audi or Audi vs BMW

Audi shouldn't be underestimated, they make some great cars with great engines(except for the noisy diesels), but what I like most about Audi is their inbuild quality.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:11 AM   #79
v0od0o
Regular User

Here goes some pics of the engine, courtesy of sc.net

I like this one

Old 06-26-2004, 06:19 AM   #80
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

^^^^^^^We've already have them

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:25 AM   #81
v0od0o
Regular User

Ok sorry, didn't know u guys'd seen'em already
Old 06-26-2004, 03:20 PM   #82
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR

I agree with some of the things you said, but my point is, they have DIFFERENT strategies.

I also find it very akward, that nobody compares MB vs Audi or Audi vs BMW

Audi shouldn't be underestimated, they make some great cars with great engines(except for the noisy diesels), but what I like most about Audi is their inbuild quality.
the point here is not to underestimate non of these 3 manufacturers, just to compare and judge them...ive seen comparisons between BMW and Audi and MB, lets say 745 vs A8 4.2 vs S500
or M3 vs S4 vs C32 AMG

in the luxury comparissons usually are very tight... but in the performance ratings, most of the times people go for BMW...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:54 PM   #83
ae86_16v
Regular User

Wow, the new 3.0 Liter sounds great as well. That would be an awesome engine in the 3 series.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote