Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-16-2004, 10:29 AM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
It's actually kind'a funny, all those gunnuts and still a very high crimerate, something isn't right about the system dude's

And do know, most people that carry a gun, don't even have the balls to shoot at a person. A shooting range is fine, but when they have to shoot at someone braking in in there house they freeze, just not able to pull the trigger.
Or they shoot their son/daughter with the boy/girlfriend whom are messing around on the sofa after a night out.

Way to much yeeeeeehhhaaaaaa'ing over there!
This statement sums up how illinformed you are about things outside you little universe.

Period.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #17
fishfreek
Regular User

I live in VA and see absolutly noting wrong with the law. If someone wants to wear a pistol on their hip in open ten they must have some kind of inferority complex to need the gun to feel better about themseleves.

We also have the toughest laws for dunk driving now.

Free Photo Hosting
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:04 PM   #18
dgmorr
Regular User

Crazy Americans, when will you learn.
dgmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #19
graywolf624
Regular User

We don't have an open carry law. It's Conceal and Carry
Many states do.. and conceal and carry is even better because now they dont know who has the gun. The criminal isnt going to like playing russian roulette.

Maybe it's locales, I don't know. Gun Violence is non-existant in my city. All I know is I'd rather not have the pin head next to me at the restaraunt think he's tough because he has a gun in his jacket.
Thats where the education aspect comes in.

You are right on the trigger bit, he shouldn't have had his finger on the trigger. But he wasn't wrong when pointing at the ground. It may have been a few years since I took gun safety, but they say to point it up, or at the ground.
I think you misunderstood me. The point of "pointing at the ground" was to show he wasnt pointing at the target.

But i dont think people need to carry around guns though, it could cause more accidental shootings. I can
They've been doing it for hundreds of years in this country.. This isnt a new thing, banning it would be. Furthermore, the point would be to go gun safety education in school.

It's actually kind'a funny, all those gunnuts and still a very high crimerate, something isn't right about the system dude's
Yet.. the crime rate that reflects on the use of guns.. Violent crime. Is quite low in the US. So your arguement holds no water.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

Crazy Americans, when will you learn.
Silly europeans, when will you learn.

"I didn't know I was the freakin anti-christ for thinking conceal and carry laws weren't the best idea. "

Not the anti-christ, but your suggesting violating the civil rights of an individual as layed down in the Constitution with no statistical backing
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote