Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-20-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Apac102
Regular User

Default Work out tips

Hey guys...Im a pretty scrawny sonofabitch and i want to get pecs and abs and lose some fat on my ass and gut. Give me suggestions in what I should do. ive read all those website shit, but they are all different. I need some real answers, help me out if you can. and yes Im doing this because I need a girlfriend and need some lovin.......and not bymyself anymore. ops:
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
jpatino03
Regular User

I think there's another topic about this already. I remember replying to a similar question.

Anyway, If you wanna get big, go to a gym, and have a trainer show you the ropes (your college probably has one that offers free personal training, if you want to go that far.), its pretty easy to do stuff by yourself after that, it just takes discipline, you have to go on a regular basis to see any results. If you wanna lose fat, you also have to do aerobic excercise (I.E running)

Good luck!

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:03 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Wanna gain weight?

Eat at McDonalds 3 times a day... you will be a fat ass porker after 3 months...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:25 PM   #4
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Wanna gain weight?

Eat at McDonalds 3 times a day... you will be a fat ass porker after 3 months...
Did you guys see that movie/doc SuperSize Me?

3 months, I think you'll be long dead before then.

That guy gained 25lbs in 30 days, eating McDonalds 3 times a day. His liver was destroyed by all the fatty food and sugar intake (for the soda). It was pretty disgusting.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:26 PM   #5
DTM8
Regular User

Apac102, it will take alot of devotion on your part to see results.

Many people actually take nutrition for granted when they are working out. This is a mistake.

Since you say you are scrawny, I suggest you obviously bulk up while focusing alittle more on the spots that are really bothering you. When I suggest bulking up, I dont mean buying a barrel of Weight Gainer 5000 and gaining weight that way, because that is a huge mistake that many actually do.

Anyways, eating healthy is extremely important. But this is a big step that you have to be willing to take (unless you are currently doing it). There is so much information about this, so you have to be more specific.

Lastly, check out the links posted above.
I would also suggest http://www.wannabebig.com

good luck
DTM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
Apac102
Regular User

ok specifics....I am about 5'9" and weigh about 170ish. I don't want to really bulk up persay, but get more definition in my abs and get bigger pecs. So I thought maybe I would need to lose the fat on my gut and lose some fat on my "luteous Maximus. I usually eat whatever i want. Never really been on a diet. I never could keep all this Carbs, proteins, etc. things straight. I play soccer about once a week for 2 hrs and thats about it....Im planning on going for about 30 min jogs soon. Whats wrong with doing push ups and crunches? Thats what I was planning on doing.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:35 PM   #7
Apac102
Regular User

I meant Gluteous dammit
Old 07-21-2004, 12:36 PM   #8
Apac102
Regular User

So if I have to start lifting for everything, what type of weight should I use? I don't go to a gym or have one close by, so all I have are free weights. What should I do with those?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #9
Apac102
Regular User

Oh I know I need to lift them, but I meant do you know any drills other then curls and things like that?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:28 PM   #10
Max Power

simplest way to get build is get a job in construction......two weeks will get into decent shape
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:21 PM   #11
Apac102
Regular User

ok thanks
Old 07-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #12
lerex29
Regular User

One thing you must know when working out is that you cannot just work out and thats it, working out consists of eating proper muscle building protein foods, such as MEAT, NUTS, OATS, VEGGIES and your favourite protein shake. As much as you need that, you need to get some QUALITY SLEEP too.
Try working out with a weight that you can only do 4-8 reps on. This will force your muscles into shock, thus building more muscle tissue.
GOOD LUCK! I was once a skinny guy in high school, but I followed these steps and some people dont recognize me from past days.