Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 10:22 PM   #46
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
wow that all red Ferrari thing is really odd i never heard or read that anywhere that would be amazing all red and make sure they use the Rosoo Corsa again not Rosso Scuderia. And fisico holy imagine he does beat Alonso next year, jus think about that, if he beats Alonso that would probabbly bring up one of the biggest "WHAT IF" in F1 history, what if he was in this car at this time etc. i read in an F1 magazine that many ppl think Fisi has even more natural talent then Schumi its just that Schumi knows how to extract it better
Yep, Fisico is highly regarded by the mag "F1 racing". Peter Windsor rates him as the most natural driving talent...

But Fisico v/s Alonso - don't know whom to put my money on.

The form of the two drivers is pretty variable. Fisi was clearly overdriving the car in the beginning of this season to prove a point to Massa. He settled down and then showed his true class and has pretty much shown Massa the way around the circuit. Over the entire season Fisi is generally proven to be reliable with less mistakes. But qualifying is not his best attribute.

Alonso has made a couple of errors in qualifying but has generally raced very well. Trulli is ahead of him in points primarily due to better qualifying. Alonso has been usually been fighting his way from behind. Alonso has really shown his master class when he nursed a sick car in Silverstone (I think) where he had something like 9% loss in downforce but still put up excellent lap times...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 08-07-2004, 04:33 AM   #47
dons5
Regular User

wow sameerrao finally someone that knows what hes talkin about when it comes to F1, about the beginning of the season sure he was tryin to prove Massa a point but i think the over driving also came from his excitment/high expectations of the Sauber and that he was so close to Ferrari, and qualifying is not his best attribute? well i dont think its his best but i dont think its really a weak point for him either, well he races better then he qualifies ur right about that but then so does MS, if i really had to choose a weak point, i might have to say his aggresion when overtaking, when defending he seems really agressive, but when attackin and tryin to pass he seems not as big a risk taker, he seems like more the type that would rather save his car wait for a pit stop and then pass, but then again we dont see alot of action from him cause hes in the midfield alot and also when you have a shitty car its hard to really be attacking and havin lots of confidence in ur car and also he wants to prove his talent if he attacks and a crash occurs or soemthin happens ppl will think bad of him, but if hes in a good car i think he'll risk alot more cause ppl will be able to see his talent much more easier, hes better and faster then trulli thats for sure, and look how close Trulli has gotten to Alonso for lots of the season
Old 08-07-2004, 11:29 AM   #48
sameerrao
Regular User

wow sameerrao finally someone that knows what hes talkin about when it comes to F1, about the beginning of the season sure he was tryin to prove Massa a point but i think the over driving also came from his excitment/high expectations of the Sauber and that he was so close to Ferrari, and qualifying is not his best attribute? well i dont think its his best but i dont think its really a weak point for him either, well he races better then he qualifies ur right about that but then so does MS, if i really had to choose a weak point, i might have to say his aggresion when overtaking, when defending he seems really agressive, but when attackin and tryin to pass he seems not as big a risk taker, he seems like more the type that would rather save his car wait for a pit stop and then pass, but then again we dont see alot of action from him cause hes in the midfield alot and also when you have a shitty car its hard to really be attacking and havin lots of confidence in ur car and also he wants to prove his talent if he attacks and a crash occurs or soemthin happens ppl will think bad of him, but if hes in a good car i think he'll risk alot more cause ppl will be able to see his talent much more easier, hes better and faster then trulli thats for sure, and look how close Trulli has gotten to Alonso for lots of the season
Firstly, I would like to mention that I am a fan of Fisichella.

Last year in F1 racing maganize there was an analysis piece done by Windsor after the Spanish Grand prix. What he did was position himself between turns 6 -8 and watch all the drivers as they came past. He then rated them on the efficiency of line taken by them and also the consistency (how many times they were able to hit the same trajectory). Michael and Fisi were rated the best with Ralf coming in a little behind.

Also Mika hakkinen gave special praise to Fisi's driving - calling it very fluid and unique in style.

The reason I brought up the overdriving is that possibly that might occur next year when he has to prove a point across to Alonso.

Also my point about his qualifying was that he qualifies pretty well but that is not his best attribute (like say for Trulli). He races well for sure.

Trulli had a bad rap over the last couple years .. everyone said that he was an awesome qualifier but a poor racer. During the race he tends to be a mobile chicane (blocking cars behind him). Also he used to fade away at the end of the race due to exhaustion.

This year though, he has performed pretty consistently in races (apart from the time he was caught napping on the last but one corner by Barrichello in France).

What I am trying to say that if you paired Trulli and Fisi say two years back it woyuld be easy to bet your money on Fisi. Now though I would still give Fisi the edge but it is not that great a divide between the two.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 08-07-2004, 02:57 PM   #49
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Toronto whassup? Long time no post! Vacationing????
no every time i want to post something you guys already beat me to it
Old 08-07-2004, 04:55 PM   #50
dons5
Regular User

well we'll jus see next year thats all i can say, do u have any articles that u can scan about ppl praising fisi and stuff like that? like any ones from F1 magazines??
Old 08-08-2004, 01:27 AM   #51
Toronto
Regular User

well we'll jus see next year thats all i can say, do u have any articles that u can scan about ppl praising fisi and stuff like that? like any ones from F1 magazines??
will do
Old 08-09-2004, 05:04 PM   #52
5vz-fe
Regular User

Button could lose F1 license - Ecclestone
Bernie backs the moral high ground

Jenson Button runs the risk of losing his Superlicense if he's in breach of contract, Formula One's impresario Bernie Ecclestone warned Sunday.

If anyone is at fault, the 73-year-old head of Formula One Management said, it is Button's management 'Essentially Sport' and ramifications would be serious.

Bernie said F1's Contracts Board in Geneva will examine the issue.

Ecclestone told Sunday's Daily Star "[They will] decide what is right and what is wrong. He could lose his license and that would mean he can not drive."

Jenson's manager John Byfield reportedly phoned Frank Williams last week explaining that a loophole had been found in the 2005 'option' with BAR. But Bernie believes Button has a 'moral obligation' to stay put.

"Unfortunately, agents and big money mean morals go out the window. But we are not like football - I like to think our players stick to their agreements."

He said the matter had been 'stupidly' handled.

BAR boss David Richards clearly agreed when he said Button should reconsider because a person should go through life 'honouring the essence' of agreements.

Button meanwhile spent the past week holidaying in Sardinia...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess Jenson is a brilliant driver...but I really do agree that jumping teams like that is kinda immoral. After all it is BAR that got Jenson's reputation from pit bottom to its peak, it is BAR that give him his first podium, it is BAR and Richards that keep defending him and backing him up and making him a better driver.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:10 PM   #53
sameerrao
Regular User

Yeah I read it today .. It's becoming a soap opera

Old 08-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #54
mindgam3
Regular User

I think BAR should let jenson go and do what he wants. If they're talking with hakkinen about a deal, they're hardly going to be out of good drivers
Old 08-09-2004, 07:29 PM   #55
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
I think BAR should let jenson go and do what he wants. If they're talking with hakkinen about a deal, they're hardly going to be out of good drivers
unless they wanted a Hakkinen and Button deal? Nope maybe not .. may piss of Honda

Old 08-09-2004, 08:33 PM   #56
Toronto
Regular User

I think button should leave, BAR has a much better car