Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-07-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Default Tomorrow it is!!

Probably haven't said anything about it, but tomorrow, Monday, September 8th, we are bringing The State of Michigan up to the Soo locks for some homeland security drills. Although I'm not exactly sure what's going on up there, I heard something about a simulated fire on the ship, and the local FD is going to respond. Anyways, Friday, the engine cadets that are going on the trip had to go through a quick orientation as to where stuff was. Me and another guy went a little further, and came in today to help the chief out with some stuff. Had to make sure the emergency generator would come online automatically. That, and we basicly polished off our knowledge of how to get the generators online and powering the ship. I figure from the time of prelubing the D398s to closing the breaker and powering the ship off it, I can do it in about 5 minutes. We just need to get the Alarm relay replaced. Nothing big, but if something trips off the alarm we'd have to be at the monitor to see that something is up, since the lights and horn aren't working. That's kind of a hassle since we'll need to keep a guy in the control room at all times, if we can't find a replacement before we leave. Oh well, ships kick ass
Sinister Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 05:20 PM   #2
blah
Regular User

Who the hell would attack michigen? Detroit attacks itself on a daily basis so theres no need to attack that state.

Forgot to mention that im an Ohio State Fan, from Ohio Born in Ohio, moved to Cali. Ohio State University ->:2gunfire: :microwave: <- Michigen
Old 09-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Old 09-08-2003, 07:05 AM   #4
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Alright fella's, I'm gonna be getting on the ship at around 1500 EDT to get the engines online and power switched over. Now don't you people get in too much trouble untill I get back on Thursday
Old 09-08-2003, 10:25 AM   #5
jinmin803
Regular User

Hey update us on what the deal is afterwards, ok? and by the way, GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!
jinmin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #6
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Hell yeah! Let the Michigan ass kickin continue. Man, that game against CMU was a slaughter lol
Old 09-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #7
jinmin803
Regular User

no shit!! i didn't get to see it cuz i was out of town for the weekend, but when i heard the score, i rolled arround laughing!
jinmin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:44 PM   #8
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Hot damn! I'm back! That trip kicked ass! I have pictures too!

Basicly, the drill was that there was a bomb dropped on the ship from the International bridge (the bridge that connects the US and Canada). Then all the different agencies responded, Michigan state police, Immigration, Soo police, and some other ones, we also had an emergency squad that had to suit up and fight a mock fire. I was on the squad The outfit and the tanks get heavy after a while. I had that stuff on for about 45 minutes. It was a blast though. I'll send links to the pictures when I get them up.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:11 PM   #9
hemi_fan
Regular User

lol, ???
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:27 AM   #10
sportVeloce
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sinister Angel
Basicly, the drill was that there was a bomb dropped on the ship from the International bridge (the bridge that connects the US and Canada). Then all the different agencies responded, Michigan state police, Immigration, Soo police, and some other ones, we also had an emergency squad that had to suit up and fight a mock fire. I was on the squad The outfit and the tanks get heavy after a while. I had that stuff on for about 45 minutes. It was a blast though. I'll send links to the pictures when I get them up.
Now that you have told us all that info, do you have to kill us? Sounds like it was pretty serious stuff.

Owning a Lancia is like being in love with a beautiful woman, who doesn’t care if you live or die
Old 09-24-2003, 07:11 AM   #11
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Lol, Nope, but here is a picture of the Mackinaw Bridge at 10:30 at night on the way home.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #12
Johns
Regular User

that place looks dark as shit :shock:
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 04:01 PM   #13
Vansquish
Regular User

Michigan (the Detroit, Dearborn, and Ann Arbor areas in particular) would be a pretty good target for attack. We're the automotive capital of the world, and we have huge manufacturing facilities with unbelievable capacity. Given the chance as a terrorist, wouldn't you want to take out the production capability of your enemy, thus crippling their ability to produce weapons that could be used against you?? Ann Arbor contains the University of Michigan Hospital, one of the highest regarded and most important medical research institutions in the world...again...a good target. I think Michigan is on the shortlist for Al Qaeda and whoever else wants a piece of us.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 07:27 PM   #14
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Even the soo locks. If you were to shut those down, that would have a crippling effect on the economy. That was one of our gripes durring the debriefing. Some chump from the Army corps of engineers, or one of the other agencies involved was bringing up the idea that if our ship was on fire in one of the locks, they should just flush us down river (get us the hell outta the lock). What that jack ass doesn't realize that a) We'd be on our own at that point, and b) if we sunk in the wrong spot, ALL the locks would be out of commision. That would fuck our economy up worse than you would think. Without steel and iron, we have nothing. Ships can still go through if only one of the locks is out of commision though.

Yeah, you could bring the ship up, but it would take a very very very long time, and it would be a mega pain in the fucking ass.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:00 PM   #15
blah
Regular User

if shutting down the Economic capitol of the world for almost a week cant stop us, then taking down a few factories wont do shit, especially since alot of companys have factories all over the states. now if they attack bowling green kentucky its on!