Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 09-08-2004, 09:19 PM   #1
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

Default Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6

SRT stands for Street and Racing Technology.

First, it was Chrysler Crossfire. Next, the Crossfire Roadster. Now, the Crossfire SRT-6, a new level of performance with an infusion of race-inspired, street-legal enhancements for both the coupe and roadster. The new Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 will become the first SRT-badged Chrysler Group vehicle to be introduced to markets outside North America when it goes on sale later this year.

The new 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 joins the SRT line-up following the 500-horsepower (372 kW) Dodge Viper SRT-10, which arrives in European markets later this year; the 230 hp (172 kW) Dodge SRT-4, the most powerful car available in the USA for less than $21,000 and the world's fastest production pickup truck, the Viper-powered Dodge Ram SRT-10.

SRT-6 Powertrain

A hand-built 3.2-litre supercharged V-6 engine boasting 330 hp (246 kW) and 420 Nm (310 lb.-ft.) of torque powers the ultimate Crossfire, taking the SRT-6 from 0 to 100 km/h in just over five seconds. Featuring a helical supercharger and a water-to-air intercooler, the 18-valve V-6 engine delivers 90 per cent of peak torque across a broad range of the power band - from 2300 to 6200 rpm.

In addition to the 330 hp engine, the Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 features an upgraded five-speed automatic transmission to handle the extra power - and specifically the low-end torque - as well as a deeper, performance-tuned exhaust note.

SRT-6 Ride and Handling

Tested on the Autobahn, on high-speed ovals, race tracks, and the world's demanding roads, the Crossfire SRT-6 provides what performance enthusiasts demand, thanks in large part to its unique ride and handling characteristics. To delight enthusiasts and deliver ultimate Chrysler performance, SRT engineers sought to deliver a stiffer, sportier performance ride with reduced understeer versus the base Crossfire.

They began by significantly increasing the spring rates, and SRT-6 Coupe and Roadster models are tuned differently, to their own unique characteristics. The Coupes spring rates are 451 lb./in. in the front and 480 lb./in. in the rear, while the Roadster's are 434 lb./in. in the front and 451 lb./in. in the rear, compared to 303 lb./in. front and 337 lb./in. rear on the base Crossfire Coupe and Roadster models.

The suspension is completed with performance-tuned damping and an aggressive compound on Crossfire's Michelin Pilot Sport performance 225/40 ZR18 (front) and 255/35 ZR19 (rear) tyres. An Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) tuned specifically for more spirited driving throughout the car's dynamic range further contributes to the Crossfire SRT-6's ultimate two-seater performance ride and handling.

SRT-6 Interior and Exterior

The Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 features a fixed rear spoiler that immediately suggests performance, and results in reduced lift and enhanced aerodynamic balance at high speeds. An integrated front fascia spoiler also reduces lift and enhances vehicle balance, while providing greater cooling air flow.

The Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 features race-inspired seats, designed to provide increased support for everyday driving, as well as spirited on-track driving performance. Trimmed in Nappa Pearl Leather, the seats feature enhanced grip, thanks to Preferred Suede inserts and bolsters. SRT-6 script is embroidered on the headrests. Subtle gray stitching on the seats and steering wheel round out the interior appointments unique to the new 2005 Crossfire SRT-6.

mclaren_Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
Sir_GT
Regular User

They can call it whatever they want... its still ugly.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:27 PM   #3
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

the wheels dont like me
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 PM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

what do the wheels have against you?
did you make fun of them?
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:33 AM   #5
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
what do the wheels have against you?
did you make fun of them?
nah, i bet the wheels have been visiting the forums and read some of his posts (i know, its a cheap shot, but i dont' really care. i'm actually glad to see him post something most of us may not have seen.)

anyhow, i'm on of those few people that will admit to liking the Crossfire's design. that particular color isn't great, but it would be evil in black
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:13 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Although it's not really "american muscle" in the way we usually understand it, I moved it here
Old 09-09-2004, 04:27 AM   #7
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

thanks tt
i now understad the cap locks
i dont use these
thanks