Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-29-2003, 07:34 PM   #16
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by geekdiggy
"i'd rather be in a top car or none at all".
And he said the right thing BTW.. since he is unable to be again a top driver with a top car, I bet he won't race with a privateer one
Old 09-29-2003, 08:16 PM   #17
geekdiggy
Regular User

it sucks that he's too proud to be in an uncompetitive team. it could also be that he's too lazy to want to improve a shitty car (i.e. hyundai or skoda, well, only skoda now) but i guess if he wanted to be in the WRC bad enough he'd sign with a not-so-top team.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 04:13 AM   #18
TT
Regular User

I agree with you.. but it's pretty hard to guess what is on his mind... he was champion so young, then he still was a top driver, never had terrible seasons... but never winning again.. but still, every one always pointed at him as the best rally driver around... and I think he really believes that... and that's why he doesn't want to run if not in a good car... I don't know, maybe he will do like Didier Auriol and change his mind in the future because he really love WRC ... but so far he is maybe to conviced he deserve a top car, to consider other options...
Old 09-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #19
TT
Regular User

BTW, about Colin: http://www.wrc.com/en_GB/News/2003/0..._McRaeteam.htm

LMAO... still somebody believing in him... "This might be the opportunity for somebody to come on the scene with a private team and take on the works outfits - a bit like the Formula 1 heroes of the past, such as Rob Walker and Ken Tyrrell." Comon! Alister and Colin on a privatly entered car managing to beat Peugeot, Citroen and Subaru? Yeh, sure...
Old 10-11-2003, 01:34 PM   #20
jumpman23
Regular User

Sad, but the best things in life has an end. Tommi has had one of the greatest careers a WRC driver would die for....Best of luck to Tommi in his Retirement life, but I think we'll be seeing him around the WRC or motorsports.