Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 12-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
Originally Posted by Minacious
This Viper would obliterate, destroy, emaciate, pulverize assrape any stock to mildly modded liter bike...
Let's not get carried away here. A mildly modded liter bike would by no means be raped by this Viper.
Show me a mildly modded liter bike that traps anywhere near 166mph...this car seem capable of 170+...This 9.0 @ 166mph was just its second shakedown run....It wasnt all it had...Take that wing off and its all she wrote..And its only gonna get worse for the bike after the 1/4 mile...
I am all for fast cars - but understand that the "modified litre bike" category is something such a modded Viper etc can not touch.

Witness the videos floating around the net where even a 1000hp+ Twin Turbo Viper cannot outrun a mildy modded open class bike - and when going up against a very modded open class bike, it looks like the Viper driver hits the brakes the bike pulls away so fast.

It doesn't matter what your trap speed is if the guy in the other lane got to the finish line before you...

Even a 1200hp Viper will about 3lbs for every HP to move - while the open class bike will only have about 2lbs for every HP to move.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #17
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Minacious
This Viper would obliterate, destroy, emaciate, pulverize assrape any stock to mildly modded liter bike...
Let's not get carried away here. A mildly modded liter bike would by no means be raped by this Viper.
Show me a mildly modded liter bike that traps anywhere near 166mph...this car seem capable of 170+...This 9.0 @ 166mph was just its second shakedown run....It wasnt all it had...Take that wing off and its all she wrote..And its only gonna get worse for the bike after the 1/4 mile...
I am all for fast cars - but understand that the "modified litre bike" category is something such a modded Viper etc can not touch.

Witness the videos floating around the net where even a 1000hp+ Twin Turbo Viper cannot outrun a mildy modded open class bike - and when going up against a very modded open class bike, it looks like the Viper driver hits the brakes the bike pulls away so fast.

It doesn't matter what your trap speed is if the guy in the other lane got to the finish line before you...

Even a 1200hp Viper will about 3lbs for every HP to move - while the open class bike will only have about 2lbs for every HP to move.
RC45 that vid of the "850rwhp"[1000hp crank] Viper beating a stock Busa and loosing barely to a "MILDLY" modded liter bike was very telling..Notice I never mentioned highly modded bikes like those that destroyed that 850hp DLM Viper..Besides the first runs before the car got heat soaked showed it pulling the stock Busa clearly and just loosing to the "MILDLY" modded Gixxer[?] I believe..I have it on my computer have to look again to verify the type bike......

THIS Viper is totally different...It has over "1200RWHP and 1200RWTQ" Biiiiiiig difference...This Viper will give one of those heavily modded Bikes in that vid a "much better" run than that 850rwhp Viper...Ive seen some of those "highly modded" street litre bikes trap in the low 160mph to 180mph...This Viper is right in there with some of them...Will it beat all of the modded bikes? Of course not...But as you get closer to 200mph the car will gain fast on some of those highly modded bikes...Again I said "Show me a "MILDLY" modded liter bike that traps in the 160mph" let along near 170mph like this Viper can....Everyone gets so defensive when saying a car can beat a moded bike...A mildly modded liter bike aint trapping near 170mph..Fact..So my statement is accurate RC45....I await your rebuttal
Old 12-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #18
Skaala
Regular User

any chance of getting vids of it?
Old 12-12-2004, 03:56 PM   #19
5vz-fe
Regular User

overdone....
Old 12-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #20
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by Skaala
Here you go>>> http://almondexotictransports.com/im...orldRecord.mpg

Looks like the snakes got RC45's tongue

5vz-fe Vette owner???? A true car guy would never utter such sacriligous words as overdone.....No such thing as too much power
Old 12-13-2004, 07:35 AM   #21
Skaala
Regular User

[quote="SnakeBitten"]
Originally Posted by Skaala
Here you go>>> http://almondexotictransports.com/im...orldRecord.mpg

reached bandwidth limit
Old 12-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #22
gobs3z
Regular User

World Record pass on a 6-speed manual street car; Dodge Viper runs a 8.75 @ 168 MPH
http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/8.75PASS.wmv

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #23
Skaala
Regular User

woah.... that's what I'm talkin' about...8,75 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old 01-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #24
jz04r1
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
I was curious why it wasn't faster in the 1/4 mile but then i realized it's a six speed, and thats fast for a six speed. Thats gotta be one hell of a highway racer. Awesome Viper!! They should switch the tranny to a 4 speed auto just to see what'll run then.
You are kidding me right? Do you know what it takes to run 166mph in the "1/4"....If anything Im astounded as to how fast it is...Vipers dont have the best aero and that big ass wing is slowing it down believe me...To put it in perspective....This Viper would obliterate, destroy, emaciate, pulverize assrape any stock to mildly modded liter bike...lets not forget it trapped 9.0 flat..This is an 8 second capable full streetcar...Let it sink in and you will understand 8)
what do you consider lightly modded?I love it when people compare a 11,000$ bike to a car that costs +100,000$ do the same thing to the bike as you did to the car....bye bye car.
jz04r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:04 AM   #25
SilenCe
Regular User

The videolinks doesn't work! Please give me a new link! I want to see this car!!

schhhhhhhhh, it looks HOT!
SilenCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #26
ikon2003
Regular User

Jeeez, that's fast. 1200 lbft and bhp at rw? that's serious. (was it purposely limited to that figure..? looks flattened on the dyno sheet).

seriously quick viper....
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #27
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by ikon2003
Jeeez, that's fast. 1200 lbft and bhp at rw? that's serious. (was it purposely limited to that figure..? looks flattened on the dyno sheet).

seriously quick viper....
'

think it was the dyno, that could'nt take anymore power....
Old 01-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #28
ikon2003
Regular User

^ah, excellent call. i shoulda thought of that. haha, what an engine.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:29 AM   #29
SilenCe
Regular User

I want that fucking vid!

schhhhhhhhh, it looks HOT!
SilenCe is offline   Reply With Quote